Resizing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xHandbasketx

I've been running through the search engine trying to figure out how to resize the pepakura for someone of my size. I don't really want to make myself the full Mjohnir armor but I want to make and plant a helmet over my goggle system I usually wear for paintball. Any suggestions on what I can pop into the search engine to narrow down the results a bit?

measure the width and height of the object you want to place the helmet over, and then put those same numbers into pepakura

Are you saying that you can't figure out where to resize it in the pepakura program? Or are you just looking to figure out how to properly size it?

HaloGoddess said:
Are you saying that you can't figure out where to resize it in the pepakura program? Or are you just looking to figure out how to properly size it?

Both, but only because I've not attempted to look into resizing yet with pepakura. I've only just started playing with the program itself so I'm still learning it. However, the latter is more of a question at hand. Can I measure my own dimensions or whoever dimensions I'm crafting for or I just have to fiddle with expanding the preset model to one size fits all and adjusting it with thin layers of foam until it is fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, first of all, you will need the measurements of the person you are doing the model for so that it will fit properly. Secondly, if you are using pepakura v3 that works in mm, at the top click on 2D Menu then go down to change scale in the drop down menu then click on scale factor. Depending on what you measured for (height, width or depth) you will ONLY need to put the numbers in for what you measure for.

For example, I measured for the WIDTH for my hayabusa chestplate and got 13 inches. That comes out to 330mm when I convert the inches to mm. So I would put 330 in the box for WIDTH and the other numbers will change on their own to follow suit so that the model stays in proportion.

Hope that helps. :)

HaloGoddess said:
Well, first of all, you will need the measurements of the person you are doing the model for so that it will fit properly. Secondly, if you are using pepakura v3 that works in mm, at the top click on 2D Menu then go down to change scale in the drop down menu then click on scale factor. Depending on what you measured for (height, width or depth) you will ONLY need to put the numbers in for what you measure for.

For example, I measured for the WIDTH for my hayabusa chestplate and got 13 inches. That comes out to 330mm when I convert the inches to mm. So I would put 330 in the box for WIDTH and the other numbers will change on their own to follow suit so that the model stays in proportion.

Hope that helps. :)

So I can adjust it to my chest, torso length, etc? Okay. I'm starting to understand now. Is there a basic user guide on the forum for the pepakura that you can link me too? I'm still learning what keywords to use in this forum's search engine to narrow results down. As well as learn what I'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back