Robocop Pepakura Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Hi guys, I have been at work on this project now for some time and so far I have been able to unfold the Chest, Helmet, and the Pistol (Images Below). Now I am needing help on the arms and on the legs getting them unfolded ASAP.

So you will know what I have done with the files in the pictures I have manually removed needless parts from the pepakura models. that way all you get is the costume part itself. Once I am finished with all the files I will be sending a set of the files first to the person who gave me the 3D files to do this and then I will post links for the download here in this post. The pictures below are just of the files that I have completed so far now I just need to get the arms and legs done and thats where I hope to get help from a fellow unfolder so these files can be given to 405th members.

sditnd.jpg

2ajz0id.jpg

2r23a8j.jpg

Well the legs and arms still need to be pepped before I can release it so if anyone here wants to help give it a shot I can send you the files for the arms and legs.

Bah, Robocop happens and I'm stuck without Pep Designer for the weekend! I'm sure you'll find someone before then, but if you still need an unfolder on Monday morning, let me know. These look pretty dang good so far, can't wait to see the rest!

This is something that we needed! Have been looking every where for robocop files since before I joined the 405th, trawling the net for them. Seems I chose the right forum to join, as this is DEFINITELY going to be a build I shall tackle in the future. Thanks for these!

I dont mind giving it the old college try if you would like me to. I've gotten better at unfolding lately and I got the time so let me know.

Here is the RAR file for the Helmet, Chest and the Pistol. I have removed some of the geometery from the models for example the head that was inside the robocop I removed it so that all is left is the dome and the chinpiece. With the Chest I removed the bottom piece off the model that was sticking out like a sore thumb and the parts that were covering the neck and arms, the ribbing that goes around the arm holes, around the bottom of the ribcage, and arount the top and bottom of the neck. That way it makes it a lot easier to fold because most of those sections you can use rubber tubing to look just like it does in the model. The lower torso, arms and legs will be coming next.

http://www.4shared.com/file/141621979/ccca73e9/robocop.html

Nintendude said:
Here is the RAR file for the Helmet, Chest and the Pistol. I have removed some of the geometery from the models for example the head that was inside the robocop I removed it so that all is left is the dome and the chinpiece. With the Chest I removed the bottom piece off the model that was sticking out like a sore thumb and the parts that were covering the neck and arms, the ribbing that goes around the arm holes, around the bottom of the ribcage, and arount the top and bottom of the neck. That way it makes it a lot easier to fold because most of those sections you can use rubber tubing to look just like it does in the model. The lower torso, arms and legs will be coming next.

http://www.4shared.com/file/141621979/ccca73e9/robocop.html

New Update-

Lower Torso, and Right Arm have been completed will be tackling trhe left arm tonight and then on to the legs, ContractKiller and Flyerfye have you guys gotten the files for the arms and legs and how far are they done if we can get an update on that. If nothing has been done so far I should be fully complete by the end of the week with all the files and a new rar and zip link to my 4shared.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to unfolding pepakura files but if you need another person to give it a try i will gladly help out as much as i can.

I am in awe of all the builds and ingenuity on this site, how pep has moved on since my models in the early days.

Nintendude, I just checked out your folder and there are lots of goodies in there, thank you for sharing.

Now back to this build, if I print it out from the pep as is what would the build height be?.

As I would like to (try) do a full sized build but I have no clue on scaling even after reading the stickies.

Keep up the good work as you have lots of stuff to be proud of.

Nintendude said:
ContractKiller and Flyerfye have you guys gotten the files for the arms and legs and how far are they done if we can get an update on that. If nothing has been done so far I should be fully complete by the end of the week with all the files and a new rar and zip link to my 4shared.

: / You sent me some files? Where did you send them? So I guess no, anything you sent me hasn't been worked on, because I haven't gotten it. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to seeing the finished unfoldings, I'm going to start on the helment this weekend. I work for a local Police Department and I plan on building the ROBO suit to use at the Elementary Schools that I teach our DARE and GREAT programs at.

Not to be pushy but has any progress on the arms and legs been made?.

Only asking, as I am so tempted to print out the torso and start building.

Although it would be nice to know the end build size before I do that.

@Hirgon can you put the files on a hosting site and PM the link to Flyerfye I would do it but between the size of the file and dial up internet is poses a problem for me. The right arm is done so please remember that but if you would like to unfold it too go for it

@Rebostar and Wraith it's being worked on slowly but surely and the size the whole suit is supposed to come out to is for a 6 foot person I belive. Thats if I scaled it right and so far I have been doing this for a long time and the only thing I messed up on so far is the Clone Trooper chest in my index in my lifetime or so I've been told I can't do a lot of building since I have juvenile arthritis.

It's got to be frustrating to have your condition and this hobby. :(

Scaled to 6ft, now thats what I wanted to hear!.

Would someone mind posting the 3d file so I can see what I am aiming for when I start building.

Hirgon, topman for carrying on the unfolding, can't wait for progress posts. :)

Ps... could someone upload the completed arm

Robocop has symmetrical arm armor, right? We don't need to unwrap both, then. Just flip your pep inside out (lines and numbers on inside), and it'll do a mirror image.

Flyerfye is all that I have to do is invert the pattern to do that, and yes his arms and legs I belive are both symetrical. So that should be able to cut down on the time for Hirgon to unfold if all that needs done is just one leg.

I've built about a 1/3 of the torso so far, I will post a wip and pix in the noob section a bit later.

Encountered a few problems so far, but nothing that can't be solved, mainly little symmetry issues.

Oh and if anyone else is building this you might want to go though the pages and rearrange them

for printing, as it's annoying having to print out a whole page that you won't be using till later just

to get a small part off of it thats needed early in the build (if you get what I mean).

Over all its going together quite well. :thumbs up

Have you made any progress with the rest Hirgon and Flyerfye?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back