Rogue Helmet W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageAce

Hey guys, Ive been a member for awhile but I've been pretty much dormant after a short-lived attempt at pepping an M6C SOCOM pistol (bad idea) and failed miserabley :p A couple days ago I decided to try again and I decided to try my hand at making the Rogue variant of the Mrk VI helmet. After my first full day of pepping this is what I have to show for it, my first pep ever :) Hope you like it! :D

2yoc16w.jpg
[/IMG]

lxjlu.jpg

35ndlc8.jpg

5x5pn4.jpg

2rm2zig.jpg

2v0e6v4.jpg

f4229u.jpg

looking good so far, a little tip for you :) if you turn edge id on in the menu bar of pepakura the numbers will print out for you.

Hey guys. I'm back after another day of pepping with more pics, I should be finished by tomorrow, then I need to worry about getting some resin. By the way, what's a good brand of resin to use and where can I get it/supplies for that step of the process?

29nyr0k.jpg

2it3cb8.jpg

168el9y.jpg

2mhe9ow.jpg

5zejvp.jpg

Lookin awesome so far man! I built this sucker too. Too bad I did it before I knew how to re-unfold stuff.

But a good brand is the bondo brand, which is what I use. Other people may have other opinions.

Then again, you could always invest in some smooth on, lol.

Nice to see another person who likes the Rogue enough to make it!! :D
Also Pops for handwriting the edge ID I just say F*k it and reprint when I forget to tell Pep to print with Edge ID (No I dont waste the paper I use the opposite side XD)

Although from my experience you might have a hard time reinforcing the helmet in the cheeks if you use the cave in the front of the cheek It's hard to get your hand in there and hard getting resin/fiberglass in there, when I did it I'd wished I'd just left it flat and cut a hole after reinforcing it then just make something else to hold LEDs or whatever.

ahahha now that sucks.. at least you were still able to do it! i cant pep without numbers at all :D

Haha when I printed my Carter Helmet I totally forgot to do the edge ID so I just used the other side of the papers and reprinted it with edge ID. I wasted ink but saved Cardstock :p. But looking good bro. I hope all turns out good.

Hey guys sorry I havent been updating the last couple of days :p I've gotten really tied up but guess what......I FINISHED THE PEP TODAY!!!! :D So in this post I will upload all of the pics from day 3 and from today, day 4. Hope you like what you see! :D And if someone could give me a link for a good resin tutorial and a good bondo tutorial that'd be great. Thanks again guys for the good feedback, it means alot! :D

Day 3:

23sgb5h.jpg

219vxoz.jpg

n1ot9y.jpg

2nr3qkm.jpg

xd837r.jpg

hsrhab.jpg

Day 4:

2v8mgep.jpg

51ugxu.jpg

2r4r8zo.jpg

2i8brsx.jpg

10ym7v5.jpg

What's it look like on your head?

I've found that dumping rondo in and sloshing it around works pretty well on that helmet, but it likes leaking out those tiny holes under the cheeks.

What's it look like on your head?

I've found that dumping rondo in and sloshing it around works pretty well on that helmet, but it likes leaking out those tiny holes under the cheeks.

If its leaking that worries you, I have had the same problem but taping some painters tape tight over the holes will keep from leaking and fill those holes flush with the helmet.

yep! In fact, I just rondo-ed it tonight! :D I've been pretty behind on updates but the next one will be huge :) Keep watchin this thread!

Thank you so much guys for all the good feedback and support! YOu guys have kept me going and kept me inspired and I cannot thank you enough :)

Ok guys, MAJOR update today. I've been REALLY behind on my updates because I've been going crazy trying to get this done by Monday. I just finished sanding my Rondo-ed helmet tonight and I realized how long it's been since I last updated. So here you guys go! A metric ton of pictures documenting my resin and rondo process. How am I doing thus far?

Resin:

IMG_5563.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

Rondo:

IMG_3383.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg
v

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_4522.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

Thing I'm Worried About:

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_7818.jpg

I'm worried about these rips and tears "/ I dont have any bondo left and I'm needing to paint today...They're not really major they just annoy me, should I be worried?

IMG_4460.jpg

And lastly, when I rondo-ed the bottom ring of the helmet, I only had a bit of rondo left. This being my first project ever, I freaked at the thought of losing the rondo I mixed. I sanded it down pretty good but I'm worried about that pattern showing up after I paint.

Hope you guys like what you see! How am I doing so far?

This was my first pep too but, like a dumbass I made it out of regular paper and not card stock. It looked good until I resined it. Oh well, we live and learn. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back