Ronin's Pep Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronin

First of all I would like to thank everyone who took the time to come up with Pep armor!! I Just started mine this week!
It was tough to get the scale correct I made three biceps before I got it right!! The only thing I am going have to remake is my helmet. I read a few things on the forum and come up with a few more ideas for the helmet! On with the pics!! :D
105.jpg

104.jpg

103.jpg

What does everyone think? Does it look alright??

Ronin said:
First of all I would like to thank everyone who took the time to come up with Pep armor!! I Just started mine this week!
It was tough to get the scale correct I made three biceps before I got it right!! The only thing I am going have to remake is my helmet. I read a few things on the forum and come up with a few more ideas for the helmet! On with the pics!! :D
105.jpg

104.jpg

103.jpg

What does everyone think? Does it look alright??

new here but I think it looks sweet. how long it take you?

Last edited by a moderator:
drgon47 said:
That looks really good man. Keep it up. Everything looks nicely scaled.

I agree, its looking very nice indeed! I think you've got a pretty good hold on the scaling. Are you just using regular paper or cardstock? I noticed that the helmet is a little bit warped=]

Last edited by a moderator:
I used 110lb card stock but I did not use hot glue on the helmet so I am not that happy with it. I think it warped because of the glue and when I cut out the visor. When I remake it I am going to put cardboard or foamboard for the under part of the bill (someone else's idea from this forum) and groove out the design so I dont have to carve it out . As for as time I did most of the cuts and folds in about 5 or 6 hours glue about 4 hours I think? Thanks for the remarks!!
I"ll keep updating as I go

What size percent did you print the armor at? I tried printing out the helmet pieces at 100% and they were too big to fit on 8.5" x 11" paper, so I had to print it all out at 95%. However, I'm worried that it will be too small to fit with padding and cushioning on the inside.

The Helmet and Chest are scale 26. The Biceps are scale 22 and the Forearms are scale 21. I am 5'9" give or take and I am not a "big" guy (as you can see) so these scales really worked well for me! I scaled down the forearms because when I made them 22 like the biceps they were to big!! This size also gives me enough room for some padding. I hope this helps!

Very Very well Done I am making crappy cardboard MC suit for HAL-O-Ween ha ha but after I am making High quality armor. I am very impressed with your work and wish I knew where to get that stuff and how to use it (I will eventually learn) anyway nice work. :notworthy:

Ok it has took me awhile to update (with two jobs it normaly does) This is my progress so far. I am concerned about the leg scale. Does it look ok? Does it match the rest? Oh by the way this is my first helmet I messed it up and am currently making a new one!
107.jpg

109.jpg

Thanks blinkava44! I just like to get comments from others because they are the ones that will looking at me when wear the armor!!

Looks good to me, very nice suit of yours, I'm still waiting to see who makes the first chief trooper, spartan armor, but with glossy white paint like a stormtrooper.

The forum will not let me make a new topic? Anyway.. when putting on the resin how is everyone keeping shape on thier pieces for the first coat?? I'm almost ready for that stage and I was just curious.

You can't post new topics unless you have 50+ post's now. Only in the Noob section can you post topics :p.

Don't Spam though, We will be watching joo...

Armor looks good, Shoe/foot looks a bit small though.

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back