Royale Noir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dootuz

I was sick today and I started looking on goggle for some Windows XP themas. I came across this while I was looking.

Its called Royale Noir. Its a lost Windows XP them.. Its awesome!

It was never released but then they decided to relase it. Its official and buy Microsoft! if you don't believe me It is signed by them so you don't need a hacked DLL that lets you use themas!

I love it, its awesome!

Royale Noir

Then later I was looking some more. It seams someone has updated it with 3 colors, backgrounds, and new sounds! This is truly a remarkable skin. I love it and am using Royale Zune right now! It is the best skin I have found in a LONG time. Even better than a vista skin! Remember this skin is only for windows XP. I haven't tested on anything ellse.

Here is a picture of my background right now! I opened some programs so you can see it.

yyayymc4.jpg

Oh and to get the update go here

Royal Noir v1.46

Thats what I have in the picture, it comes with the background!

Thanks!

:) Dootuz :)

That is really cool. I was actually going to download them to my work machine but none of their mirrors work =\

I use vista transformation pack 7 on my school/home PC's. It makes it looks like vista, even my friends cant tell the difference in some areas and they use vista on their PC's. Only thing that doesnt work is system info still says it's XP, and the start button search bar doesnt exist like it does in vista.

Vexona said:
Bitte schön!

(I don't that much German. I actually had to look this reply up.)

Also, if anyone has trouble with the updated one, the second link there has a good FAQ which might help you out. Me, I'm still trying to figure it out... ...stupid Windows XP x64.

-Magnum

Last edited by a moderator:
Dootuz said:
Working Link!

That's the mirror I used. And it worked.

I tried the rapid share one early and it said I had reached my download limit for the free user thing. Now it's working all of a sudden. It's ok though, appearently I had to download a different version anyway because I'm running Windows XP x64 version. Cool find by the way, I really like this theme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha Edit:

So, I downloaded it and after several minutes of pure panic everything is back to normal.

For some reason when I installed it on my computer, it crashed my whole station. I had to reboot it and when I came back in, all my windows bars were solid black with noooo text. I'm at work too so I was thinking oh dear god this is...bad. Er sorry boss, I kinda turned my whole computer screen black, guess I can't do work huh!

Luckily I was able to use my Safari browser as an 'island' to see around to navigate to my display properties box. After a lot of hit and miss I was able to find the theme drop down and change it back to the original. Ty Safari...I owe you one.

I'm sure the theme looks great but yea it scared the beejeesus out of me ;_; Just wasn't compatible. So I guess, as a cautionary word, it doesn't seem to work on all compies. Test it when no one is looking lol.

I used to have that in its beta form. It had lots of bugs like the start button disappearing every once in a while. wincustomize.com has lots of similar styles.

I used Royale Remixed which is essentially a finished and bug fixed version of the original product.

Only problem is that as it isn't a Microsoft product anymore you have to do a bit of harmless system file replacement ;)

Here is an image of it with some of the extras:
Royale_Remixed_by_oddbasket.jpg

As yes extras, you can also download a logon/logoff screen in a similar colour scheme :D

I have not had any products with this theme and it looks so cool!

You can find a download link and FAQ in this forum thread:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1467751

Sory Vexona about what happend. Thats werid just try othe Microsoft version of it.

What kind of PC do you have?

:) Dootuz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back