RTX 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be there as well. Shall be glorious. Just need to finish this AR.

I really enjoyed that bbq place we went last year... Iron Works? I think? Close to the convention center, too.

We'll be splitting up time between our Spartan suits and some Destiny costumes I'm trying to finish, but not sure when we're wearing what.

Iron Works is great. The Grifball booth staff stop there each year after wrapping up. Maybe if everyone agrees on a night we can eat there. As long as you don't mind bbq sauce on your armor ;) I'll be suited up on Saturday, and don't have anything planned that night yet.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Saturday will work for us, too. We should have three in suits and one with a only a helmet so far. :)

If we do a booth, I've still got the banner I had made up last year. I'm also willing to pitch in for the booth. But it's probably too late to get one if we haven't already.

Not sure of the exact date, but booth submissions closed a couple months ago. Sorry.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I'll be there! Looking forward to hanging out with you all again.

Iron Cross is good but Moonshine (right across the street) is AMAZING and I highly recommend it. They have a large outdoor patio (like Iron Works) as well.

Shame we won't have a booth. :( That was a cool hub last year.

You know what IS a cool hub? Grifball Hub! (Shameless plug is shameless.) But seriously, they'll have a mini main stage with a tournament running all weekend, plus free play on the side. We should do a 405th red vs blue scrimmage like last year.

7cd42c7abb71d613fc1a018aa1e27462.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk.

Attachments

• 7cd42c7abb71d613fc1a018aa1e27462.jpg
    7cd42c7abb71d613fc1a018aa1e27462.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 217
I will definitely spending some time at the Grifball Hub. :) I missed out on the tournament last year but hopefully I'll be present for this years.

Unrelated question: how do you guys manage your cosplay when it's not being worn at cons? I'd love to cosplay all 3 days at RTX but I know that I can't be in suit for the entirety of all 3 days; it's just too exhausting and hard to get around. I want to be able to take off my suit and throw it in my car, but I'd paranoid that even while being in a parking garage with cracked windows that It'll get too hot and warp the foam/reduce the integrity of the epoxy.

I'm staying with the Grifball admins at a condo literally across the street. I just go back there to change out of armor. #blessed Maybe you can take a shuttle to your hotel or a friend's hotel to stash it until you leave?

Sent using Tapatalk.

No hotel for me, I live about 40 mins away.

Red Team? I'd rather my armor MELT. #BlueTeam4Lyfe :lol

Also, what kind of money are they paying Griffball team admins these days?? XD

Well, the official RTX app has finally been released, including exhibitor map and full schedule. There appears to be a 343 panel on Saturday at 5 (halfway through the cosplay contest) and Sunday at 12:30. Are we planning on representing at these events? I know that during my first two RTXs, there were a bunch of Spartans next to the stage at the 343 panel.

If so, that means no cosplay contest for us. But that would be okay if it means being recognized at the official Halo panel instead. Guys: I've been waiting two years for this.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I mean, I'll be there on Saturday in armor, and the only thing I -have- to go to is my signature session that starts at 9:30 AM on Saturday,so I'll be in armor after that, likely.

Well, the official RTX app has finally been released, including exhibitor map and full schedule. There appears to be a 343 panel on Saturday at 5 (halfway through the cosplay contest) and Sunday at 12:30. Are we planning on representing at these events? I know that during my first two RTXs, there were a bunch of Spartans next to the stage at the 343 panel.

If so, that means no cosplay contest for us. But that would be okay if it means being recognized at the official Halo panel instead. Guys: I've been waiting two years for this.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I have a Grifball panel at 930 too, so we could start congregating after that, say around 11 or 12. There's a 343 panel at 5, right before close, and last time they had the 405th showing off next to the stage. If that's the case this year, we might want to have our group photoshoot done before then.

Sent using Tapatalk.

I'd love to take part in the 343 panel. I am disappointed about it's time though because that not only means I'll miss out on the AngryJoeShow panel :((( but also the Cosplay Contest (I don't compete, but I do enjoy the show).

I'm also REALLY excited about how big the 343 booth is, hopefully that means lots of Halo goodies to buy. I was disappointed at the lack of a boot last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back