Rust oleum primer

Blaxterm

So quick question yall is this a good primer to use on eva foam?, if not what is a better alternative?
1688760570548.png

That is one of the primers that I use for 3D prints. It works really well for prints and hard things like that. I do not think it would be a good primer for EVA Foam.

I think some of the most common ones for EVA foam are Plasti Dip or Flex Seal

That is one of the primers that I use for 3D prints. It works really well for prints and hard things like that. I do not think it would be a good primer for EVA Foam.

I think some of the most common ones for EVA foam are Plasti Dip or Flex Seal
yeah i tried searching for em but they arent aviable over here sadly.

i use rustoleum primer filler on my 3d printed parts and it works well but like MrJamin said, you really need plastidip for foam. idk what an alt would be.

yeah i tried searching for em but they arent aviable over here sadly.
I'm not sure what brands you have where you are, but try searching for spray on rubber coatings. Auto shops are usually a good place to look in person.

That should work.

With EVA Foam you need to seal the foam and close or block the pores in the foam, otherwise the foam will just soak up and absorb the paint. That is why the first paint you posted won't work on its own. Once the foam is sealed, then you could use that primer.

You can also look into sealing the foam by using a heat gun.

That should work.

With EVA Foam you need to seal the foam and close or block the pores in the foam, otherwise the foam will just soak up and absorb the paint. That is why the first paint you posted won't work on its own. Once the foam is sealed, then you could use that primer.

You can also look into sealing the foam by using a heat gun.
Ayy alright thanks man!, i already heated up all the pieces, and now im gonna aply that sealant just to be sure, dont wanna ruin the pieces.

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back