S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Shadows Of Chernobyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elinovan

Fer the next ComiCon that comes around in Victoria, im going as a stalker, i pose a question to you builders out there,

what materials would i need to start making a standard Stalker Suit (or Sunrise Suit in Clear sky) I know of the materials on

how to make a Spartan suit but a stalker suit? i need help please

And is builder the right word, theres another word i cant think of it

I'm none too sure at what a stalker suit is, but assuming you can get hold of pep files for one, it'd be built exactly the same way. Obviously any material parts would need to be bought, like an under suit. If there arent any pep files about, ask some one if they can model some for you. You obviously wont be able to get the suit done by halloween now, especially if you have to have someone model it for you.

Hope that helps?

Krovikan Corvinus

Its mostly cloth as you will see:
elinovan
and there's not much armour per say

From what I can tell the base jacket would be easy to make with a slightly green denim as for the vest and parts of the jacket, I'm not entirely too sure what would be usable to give that smooth and sturdy effect but still be flexible.

Is the vest supposed to be a hardened piece or more like kevlar?

You could probably make most of the stuff with denim and some canvas bunched up for the joints and other accouterments.

AS for the vest, I'd suggest using some foam pieces for the basic shape and "ribs" with more canvas either sewn into it like most places to custom car interiors or even just use some spray glue and keep the canvas tightly down over it.

If you want the pants like the first link in your post I'd suggest cutting up a thermal shirt and sewing it onto a pair of denim pants with an elastic waistband so you can still get them on.

The sewing would last longer and you won't have to worry as much about it coming unglued due to too much movement.

Wtfmfkr said:
Is the vest supposed to be a hardened piece or more like kevlar?

You could probably make most of the stuff with denim and some canvas bunched up for the joints and other accouterments.

AS for the vest, I'd suggest using some foam pieces for the basic shape and "ribs" with more canvas either sewn into it like most places to custom car interiors or even just use some spray glue and keep the canvas tightly down over it.

If you want the pants like the first link in your post I'd suggest cutting up a thermal shirt and sewing it onto a pair of denim pants with an elastic waistband so you can still get them on.

The sewing would last longer and you won't have to worry as much about it coming unglued due to too much movement.

Thanks alot man, greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
lol no problem, just hope it turns out great.

I may be able to offer better advice after a while of looking through the pics and other various media for the suit.

You're probably better off buying a load of materials for this build, and then perhaps commisioning someone to model the mask for you, assuming you want the one with the mask?

I think there's actually a gas tank on his back, ill see if i can get a 360 view of the Suit. ill just fire the game up and get snapping!

Also who should I turn to for modelling a pepped file for the suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back