Sanding and creating 90 degree angles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
I have a dremel/rotary tool, and I feel like this would make all my problems easier on projects, but I found a new one. A dremel rounds everything off, as the bits are always a circular shape, or if they arent, they rotate basically turning it into one. I need to not only sand an angle into a perfect 90 degrees, but also on another section, smooth out the edges and angles in a section to create a square shape that concaves and sinks into the shape. Any advice that the experts have out there?

Not sure what rotary tool you have but in the kit for the Dremel 3000 I picked up there's this handy Sanding/Grinding Guide which has a 90° and 45° edges for chamfers. You still need to be careful to not bite in too hard with the bit but it's a big help.

I be careful with a dremel the have a habit of jumping. if you back cut and bend usually it will make a nice 90 and like smooth with not seams to fill in. But sanding will help make what ever stand out. I use sanding blocks with heating between grits to make it smooth out.

Thank you all! The sanding block is a great idea, and I will need to check out that attatchment! And oh my gosh, I cant believe I forgot about evil Ted! I think I can make a stick small enough to get into that little squarea

I have gone as far as using popsicle sticks, various sized dowel rods, and even toothpicks with sandpaper glued to them. Like miniature versions of the sanding stick set up in varying grits.

someone has been watching Evil Ted' stuff.

Busted! Guess its time to come clean............yep, if I'm not actually building something, I am watching "how to" videos. If I can't do that (*cough, cough....work), then I am reading forums about it. If I can't do any of that (man, this work thing if tough sometimes!), then I am thinking of the next steps, purchases, and "what if I tried that" scenarios. If I could figure out how to make this a full time thing and support the fam at the same time, I'd quit my day job in a heartbeat!

Busted! Guess its time to come clean............yep, if I'm not actually building something, I am watching "how to" videos. If I can't do that (*cough, cough....work), then I am reading forums about it. If I can't do any of that (man, this work thing if tough sometimes!), then I am thinking of the next steps, purchases, and "what if I tried that" scenarios. If I could figure out how to make this a full time thing and support the fam at the same time, I'd quit my day job in a heartbeat!

Dead days at work I am working on the design for the prototype suit and ODST upgrades. It is like hmmmmmmm 24/7

I buy the wood dowels from craft store or Walmart in bulk. So I always got extra sticks for reinforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back