SciFi Valley Con 2019 Planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashuraa

Research Team Lead
Member DIN
S015
Ok guys,
We are less than 60 days out from the largest con that we have a defined set up at. That is SciFi Valley Con. It is in Altoona, Pa 16602. It is June 7-9th.

We do get table space and tickets for those who are willing to help at the tables or panels each year. There are also a few members who live local who are willing to open their homes to a limited number of guests to help save on boarding costs. Both places are located about 40 minutes from the convention center.

We need to start getting a list of who all is going to be coming. What days they are going to be there. When they want to cover table duty.

If you want to look at the schedule of events you can find it at
SciFiValleyCon.Com

POSITIONS>ACTIVITES
We will have a photo Shoot booth, The recruitment table, 2 demo tables, and a Cosplay repair station.
There will be 2 panels we will be doing as well.

We also participate in 2 charity raffles at the convention. So, we need to come up with some swag that we are going to donate to these great raffles. They help Child's Play, and our local Jaffa Shrine Hospital.

So if people can post here with the following info.
1. Are you coming? Real Life name.
2. Do you have extras coming? If so how many, ages and names
3. What days are you coming?
4. What times do you want to cover on the booths/ tables? What positions do you want to work in?
5. Are you willing to donate items to the raffles? IF so what?
6. Do you want/ need help with boarding?

I would appriciate if everyone who is coming can give at least 1 hour of table time per day of the con you are there for. If you want to do them all in one day, we can see how it works out. If you want to do more, then that is great too.

I am coming Thursday to Sunday. Mike Harrison. You know I will help with everything I can. Just me and I’ll be at Frankie and Maria’s. I can’t wait to see y’all again.

I'll be there as usual, as long as the Jeep doesn't explode on the way down lol. Benton Samec. I'll be down Thursday night and staying until 3pm (Maybe later not sure yet) on Sunday. Whatever hours need filled at the booth I can work with as well as any position. As for boarding I still need to see if Frank has room still.

There's a possibility I'll be coming. it all depends if I have work that weekend, I'll get a more solid answer soon but for now I'm going to make plans to go. name is Pavan Satsangi, won't need boarding. I probably won't be participating in most of the 405th events aside from possibly the photoshoot because I feel my armor isn't good enough as it is currently (we'll see if i get time to make it better).

You don't have to have armor or even a costume to join us. Be excited to talk about the 405th. Join the hijinks and have fun. If you are willing to help out those who are in armor, talk with people , and/or help in other ways then we can get your ticket covered.

You don't have to have armor or even a costume to join us. Be excited to talk about the 405th. Join the hijinks and have fun. If you are willing to help out those who are in armor, talk with people , and/or help in other ways then we can get your ticket covered.
In that case, I'll gladly join in, with armor too. But I can pay for my own ticket, it always makes me feel bad if people pay for me. what day is the photoshoot by the way? because I'd like to come for that day at least.

Photo shoot we typically try to do Sat before the con opens.

And as Dar as ticket goes; this is one of the benefits of this con. Those who work our booth or help out are supplied tickets by the con owner.

Sorry Ashuraa, not going to make it out there........I have a budget for 4 cons on my list for this year and this one is, hands down, the furthest away from us. We had a great time the last time but there is one in Atlantic City, Anime Next, that is going on the same time and is only an hour away. Lets see what next year brings.

so should I try to get there around 8 or 9 on Saturday? looks like I'll be getting up early that day. and I'll be willing to do what I can to help out.

We are thirty days out now. Anyone who is coming and has not answered to this post NEEDS to. Please and thank you

I can confirm I am coming on Saturday now, but only Saturday unfortunatley
I'm bringing two others but I'll pay for all of our tickets even if it's not necessary.

I have most of the pictures up on Facebook for anyone interested, still have to go through the parking garage photo shoot ones, and a few photo booth ones.... those should be up this week sometime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back