SciFiValley Con 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashuraa

Research Team Lead
Member DIN
S015
We will be given two tables for SciFiValley Con again this year. The promoter also wants us to run workshop tables in the main alley way through out the weekend, which will be about another 4 tables. He has placed us in the billing on the webpage as guest apperances.

The date for this is June 9-11. For those travelling there is landing places for those who might wish to camp out.

Awesome!!! I'll be there w/ some of the family......

Ashuraa and I wll be very busy with the demonstration tables so I am not completely sure if I will make it further than ODST undress uniform for this con sadly. As much help as we can possibly get with the demo tables will be great but I am not forcing of expecting anyone who comes to help with them. But if people want to help great it is kind of paying for our two display tables/landing pad for us to promote the 405th

Kusak3 If you need any help with anything PM and let me know, Me and my wife would be glad to help! We could bring a few weapons and props too, actually hoping to have my M247H heavy machine gun finished by then and we could have it there for people to take pics with if they want.

Kusak3 If you need any help with anything PM and let me know, Me and my wife would be glad to help! We could bring a few weapons and props too, actually hoping to have my M247H heavy machine gun finished by then and we could have it there for people to take pics with if they want.
Any help is great. I had my M247 there last year. She was foam construction but I had a bit of warping due to I didnt put enough support in the barrel area. As of this time I have not gotten a chance to rebuild/repair my 247. Been working on a new foam helmet and reworking my chest section yet again.

We have 4 demo tables. One is covering Mold Making which I am more than up to date on and were working on getting stuff to do demo on that now as well as I have access to both a vacuum and pressure pot and the required pumps from my friend at Snake Eyes Games. We have one table that will be dealing with 3d Printing. My printer will be present as well as the con organizers printer and 3d Scanner as well as a 3d printer of one of the owners of Snake eyes games. Con organizer will be providing us with PLA to run the printers so just got to keep them running. We have a table on painting still trying to fill that stuff in. As well as a table that is intended for the work of Foam armor and prop making..

Ashuraa wants the foam table to be working on a suit of Halo based armor all 3 days. So we are going to be going to be demonstrating as many of the facets of making foam armor as humanly possible. Converting files so on so forth. We are still working out with the con organizer what materials he will provide for the demo tables.

Doc is also sending us some stuff from the form labs liquid printers to have on display so we have that coming.

What it boils down to is anyone who can help give demo's even for a few hours on and off is what I am trying to get pinned down. We have to basically keep someone at the demo tables all day long for all 3 days of the con. I am not expecting anyone to spend all weekend at the tables other than myself and Ashuraa who know we will be covering that not matter what.. I need to get Ashuraa to pin down how many free passes we are getting for out people but the free passes are going to go into the hands of the people who are helping with the demo tables.

I look at this as an opportunity for us to promote the 405th and our views that we are here to teach others how to do this.

Also as my wife Ashuraa said. We will make our place available for people to crash at. We live 30 minutes from the con. It will be shared bunk space in the living room and computer room and if we have any ladies show we will clear Ash's sewing room if necessary. We also have a significant chunk of yard that tents can be tossed in as well. Not like other than sleeping we are going to be at the house much. But I do warn that we have 2 cats and 2 large dogs on site for those who may have allergies.

Last edited:
Yep! Should be there, unless something major changes.
Short of you being dead I expect you to be there. I will send Benton and Seth to collect you in chains if necessary. If those two are not successful I will be right along shortly and you really dont want me coming to get you.

But honestly Zak. If something comes up on your end we do understand.

Are we restricted to 2 tables this year? I have been inviting a lot of Halo cosplayers to join us.

Do we know the logistics of the locations of building tables and such yet?
I haven't heard about anything relating to layout yet. Ultimately, that'll come from Casey. I would suspect at least three tables, but I don't know for sure.

I am gunna take a break on the xbox and start getting the new armor done because I really want to come talk building, learn, and finally meet most of you.

We are getting 2 tables for the 405th itself, plus the 4 tables for the demo's all weekend.

Logisitics. What is that. We will probably not know the locations of our tables till very shortly before the con.

I'll be there on Sunday but I'll be toting two 11 year-old kids with me. Not sure how much patience I can get out of them but I will definitely help out as much as I can.

I'll be there on Sunday but I'll be toting two 11 year-old kids with me. Not sure how much patience I can get out of them but I will definitely help out as much as I can.
it will be what it will be. At least you are going to make it.

Weather or not I have money saved for that weekend I try to come to the event. I just need to get my taxes back first. If I am able I may take the train this time around to Altoona, pa instead of driving, lol. It was a good drive the first go around. I will keep you apprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back