SciFiValley Con 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I made a deal with Lockheed Martin to donate building materials to a certain local Star Wars group and have been helping promote their local charity convention just to discover today that they are cancelling their appearance at Sci-Fi Valley Con after being told months ago to expect them there.

I think I'm just about done trying to work with these groups. All they want to do is play politics and favorites and burn bridges.

They would rather walk in a parade instead of supporting their local convention of 6,000 attendees. They say they'd rather focus on charity and then also turn me away when I offer to donate money for the kids.

Clearly, the appearance of helping kids in more important than monetary donations that could actually help them.

Needless to say, there are people at Lockheed Martin who are pissed that they donated materials and manpower to deliver it, just to find out it was all a waste."

The above was Casey's original post about it...

Makes me want to run right out and join the 501st.........think I'll stick to halo.

Politics ruin all the fun. Why can't they attend both functions or the one of their own choice? Isn't the Rebel Legion a sub division of the 501st and not subject to those stricter rules of engagement?

Politics ruin all the fun. Why can't they attend both functions or the one of their own choice? Isn't the Rebel Legion a sub division of the 501st and not subject to those stricter rules of engagement?

I know it's stupid! and I thought so too, but apparently they are getting just as bad as the 501st with the politics....

Not to be a grump. And considering one of my co workers and a person I consider a friend is a 501st guy. Believe me I hear about the issues and his hatred of the politics and he is working his way toward coming to join us here in the 405th. And Caseys feelings are very valid we noticed how poorly rebel legion did last year at sci fi being present. But anyhow back to my point we have former and current 501st/rebel legion/mandos/etc personal here in the 405th lets try to keep issues with the 501st/rebel legion/mandos/etc and their internal issues out of our pleasant little world not really our business. And I know any of us who have 501st/etc friends hear about the issues when we get together to talk our fandoms.

501st/Rebel legion/mandos are always welcome to hang out with us. Thanks Mepes11 for trying to help those who want to come out with giving them some cover and they are welcome to hang out around us they are just like us just from a different universe and we are brothers and sisters in our love of our worlds.

But let us not get involved with the issues of their politics and talking about them in our forums anymore than we must.

Last edited:
I could give two craps about their politics or issues, just was trying to give a heads up, next time I guess wont. I'm not bashing the 501st, just stating what happened bc of their own polices....which I don't necessarily agree with, but it's their own doing, if they take offense to anything I said they need to maybe look into it. Not my group, not my problem, but I am seriously sick of being talked down to by a few people in the 405th forum so I'm done with it. I'm not getting back on the forums.

Last edited:
Alright soooooo....a few very important things. First of all we never, ever, ever bash other groups. I don't care what they do, we just do not do it. There are often way more things in play in any given situation and it makes us look bad to take sides. Secondly, the Rebel Legion and the 501st Legion are two very distinct groups. I see them being used here interchangeably and they are not at all run the same nor do they make decisions on behalf of each other. Same goes for the Mercs. Different groups, different rules, different command. Be the better group, folks. Keep your judgments and opinions about other groups to yourself. It isn't at all becoming.

Alright soooooo....a few very important things. First of all we never, ever, ever bash other groups. I don't care what they do, we just do not do it. There are often way more things in play in any given situation and it makes us look bad to take sides. Secondly, the Rebel Legion and the 501st Legion are two very distinct groups. I see them being used here interchangeably and they are not at all run the same nor do they make decisions on behalf of each other. Same goes for the Mercs. Different groups, different rules, different command. Be the better group, folks. Keep your judgments and opinions about other groups to yourself. It isn't at all becoming.

Thank you Fangs. :) my post on it wasnt as pretty or elegant in its first version.

The floorplan for Sci-fi was released yesterday and it looks like the 405th is on the main floor to the right after entering. And also just outside of the Workshop area. My booth appears to be in the same spot as last year, just a few booths away from the 405th.
Floor-Plan-2017.jpg

The cafe menu has also been released. You can get a decent meal for under $10. We will have water and sports drinks at the tables for members use.

On a different note I need to start getting a full list of who is coming, what days they are coming, if they have costume or not. I also need to know who needs sleeping places so we can make sure everyone is covered.

Thanks guys

Pretty sure I'm already on that list you're working on Ashuraa. Already got crash space, too. :)

EDIT: Just in case - I'll be there all days, bringing my new set of armor.

ok with the final week rolling down how are we gunna do this about the tickets/passes and all I got my end done. Just curious about the were and how. Plus can i bring my dremel knives and all for my weathering tutorials at the con?

Yes, you can bring your tools. I will be gaining all of the passes come Thursday. We can all meet before the event on Friday and I can hand them out. Dirtdives we have at least 1 pass for you. PM me and I can give you my cell number so that when youarrive Sunday I can get you yourpass, possible passes

405th Dinner plans/ and PHOTO SHOOT.

Dinner we have some choices.
Dinner will be Saturday evening after the event ends at 8pm.
We need to make a choice of where we want to go.
Options available.
1. Dickey's Barbeque
2.Texas Roadhouse
3 Longhorn Steakhouse
4 Outback
5 Chilis
6 TGI Fridays
7 Applebees
8 PRimanti Brothers
9 Red Robin
10 Gormet Buffet ((Chinese buffet)
11 Prime Sirlion ((Regular Buffet)

PHOTOSHOOT will be Sunday @ 11 am

I vote for either #1 Outback, #2 Texas Roadhouse, or #3 Dickey's BBQ. I'm a super steak guy, but I wanna leave BBQ in their just in case ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back