SciFiValley Con 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Benton. Steak PLEASE! lol. Also I love buffets I am gunna be hungry!

Prime sirloin is like a Pondarosa was. You can order steak

Options 1 and 11 won't be open late enough also I seen people posting pictures of them finding bugs in their food at gourmet buffet.

Last edited:
Not sure if I can stay for an after con meet-up. A 4 hr drive back and the kids have school the next day so.......my food will be to go. Also, none of the those places are kosher.......minor detail.

Not sure if I can stay for an after con meet-up. A 4 hr drive back and the kids have school the next day so.......my food will be to go. Also, none of the those places are kosher.......minor detail.
Meet up is on Saturday not Sunday

Yes, you can bring your tools. I will be gaining all of the passes come Thursday. We can all meet before the event on Friday and I can hand them out. Dirtdives we have at least 1 pass for you. PM me and I can give you my cell number so that when youarrive Sunday I can get you yourpass, possible passes
If you give me his pass on Friday or Saturday, we will have it ready for him when he gets in Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Hey guys, if you want both Steak and a buffet, you can go to Gourmet Buffet. They serve steaks there last time I checked. It is one of the best restaurants in Altoona (in my opinion).

405th Dinner plans/ and PHOTO SHOOT.

Dinner we have some choices.
Dinner will be Saturday evening after the event ends at 8pm.
We need to make a choice of where we want to go.
Options available.
1. Dickey's Barbeque
2.Texas Roadhouse
3 Longhorn Steakhouse
4 Outback
5 Chilis
6 TGI Fridays
7 Applebees
8 PRimanti Brothers
9 Red Robin
10 Gormet Buffet ((Chinese buffet)
11 Prime Sirlion ((Regular Buffet)

PHOTOSHOOT will be Sunday @ 11 am
Keep in mind that scheduling the dinner for Saturday is also scheduling it against the afterparty. Last year there were many members that went to the afterparty and I am sure there will be plenty that want to go this year.

I am from Altoona and as far as I know, there are no Kosher Restaurants in the area (other than possibly Tom & Joe's, but I am not sure on that one).

Dinner is on Saturday. Photo shoot is on Sunday, Convention ends at 8 After party does not start till 9. So we can sneak dinner in between con and after party. <turns Ashuraa typing system off and returns you to your regularly scheduled Kusak post> I hate being taken over by An ashuraa fox spirit..

Anyhow My choice is Texas Roadhouse. CHEESE FRIES I tell you and ROAD KILL.

ok what day is what? Sunday at 11 is the photo shoot...dinner is Saturday but what day is the after party Saturday or Sunday????

Just thinking logistics but that 1 hour gap between con and afterparty is really only about 40 minutes with travel time, if you can actually leave on time. Fast food would be a valid option. Chick-fil-a has decent food, is fast and also on the way to the bowling alley. They are open until 10 and have a large seating area for us. Another option is Dennys and eat n park however it will take awhile for food. the bowling alley itself has food which is an option. I would strongly suggest staying away from anywhere that closes at 9 or is buffet that late because 1 it's rude to employees trying to close up and 2 the food isn't guaranteed to be fresh less than 2 hours before they close. I personally would suggest chick-fil-a or the bowling alley due to what I said and also because it won't break the piggy bank.

Dinner is on Saturday. Photo shoot is on Sunday, Convention ends at 8 After party does not start till 9. So we can sneak dinner in between con and after party. <turns Ashuraa typing system off and returns you to your regularly scheduled Kusak post> I hate being taken over by An ashuraa fox spirit..

Anyhow My choice is Texas Roadhouse. CHEESE FRIES I tell you and ROAD KILL.
After we pack up our booths and what not and drive through Saturday night traffic, it could be 8:15 until we get to the restaurant (btw Texas Roadhouse, good choice). And depending on where we go, it could be even later. Additionally, the after party serves food so it would seem kind of redundant to rush and go eat then immediately go to another place serving food. This is just my opinion though, don't take any of what I say too seriously because you may have something worked out that I am not seeing.

Is there any reason everyone is so adamant about having it Saturday? It just seems to me Friday would be the best option.

Just thinking logistics but that 1 hour gap between con and afterparty is really only about 40 minutes with travel time, if you can actually leave on time. Fast food would be a valid option. Chick-fil-a has decent food, is fast and also on the way to the bowling alley. They are open until 10 and have a large seating area for us. Another option is Dennys and eat n park however it will take awhile for food. the bowling alley itself has food which is an option. I would strongly suggest staying away from anywhere that closes at 9 or is buffet that late because 1 it's rude to employees trying to close up and 2 the food isn't guaranteed to be fresh less than 2 hours before they close. I personally would suggest chick-fil-a or the bowling alley due to what I said and also because it won't break the piggy bank.
I agree 100% with Frank here; Fast food such as Chick-fil-a would be about the only feasible option (time-wise) if it has to be Saturday for some reason.

We can do it Friday for the dinner if more of you would prefer that day.

Just keep in mind times please. Most of us won't be walking out of there at 8 or 9 right on the dot, then to get through Altoona traffic on a weekend night/stop lights it'll probably take at least 20 mins if not longer...I will not walk into a sit down restaurant 40-30 mins until closing, especially with that many of us...it's just rude and not very courteous. I know Frankie tried to say it nicely but I'll just be blunt about it...

we have already decided that Friday is a better night. It also looks at this time that we will be going to Outback. I was listening to your and Franks comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back