Scope For A Pep Br

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derf Xephon

Jr Member
Hey all. So I just finished making my first pep model( a pep BR if you couldn't tell by the title) and I was wondering what kind of scope should I put on top of it. The main reason I don't want to build the pep scope is because it's a lot of work and since it's such a focal point for the entire model I want it to look nice. I've heard there are some real scopes out there that are about the right size for the BR model and are pretty affordable but I've had trouble tracking them down and I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. If I find one and get it, I plan to put some pictures up of my resined model with the scope and then more and more pictures of it as it progresses. Thanks in advance for the help.

I would definitely not recommend going out and buying a real scope for your Pep BR. First, it is not worth the money for the purpose it's going to serve; an ACOG, for example, costs over $1200. Granted, cheaper scopes are out there, but you're really not going to want to spend that kind of money - unless you are, in which case I'd tell you that you don't need to. Which brings me to the second part, which is that you could probably get a fairly cheap scope for an airsoft gun if you're so inclined. I wouldn't be surprised if you can find a relatively cheap airsoft gun with a detachable scope that matches what you're looking for.

Thanks NAGA, come to think of it there is an airsoft store close to me so I'll go check there when I have the time. As soon as I get one I'll put up some pictures of my model with the scope.

Have a look Over Here. The line between "real" optics and "airsoft" ones is a bit blurry, actually. Sure there are mil-spec scopes that will retail for 1k, but a decent sight can be a LOT lower in price, and will function just as well. Just find one with a look you think matches the BR.

I believe this is the one that WETA used on theres. I could be wrong, but I think this would be a good one to use.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...00000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5871156

0002975773013_215X215.jpg

Hey, I definitely suggest airsoft scopes. They're pretty cheap and look pretty nice, and you can probably get the exact kind you want online. Try airsplat.com or speedytoys.com

Oh and if you ever get an airsoft gun off of airsplat, don't trust their fps ratings.

good luck

-KFO

Sorry to everyone who might be following this but it's taking me a little longer than I thought to get the resin phase going, although I have found a scope that I like. Pics of my progress coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back