Seiryuu's Halo 4 Armor Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, Been a bit busy lately so I haven't had anything to show but I am currently working on my Venator Armor again. I'm currently reworking alot of the armor for reduced polycount and adding all the additional detail they need. If anyone needs a file as is I can export it for unfolding(provided theres people around to unfold it). I can't give an exact date on when the armor will be complete but if there are any questions or requests just let me know through PM.

So progress has been slow as I've been busy working on other things but I'll try and post a video so everyone can see where the armor is at. Been at a bit of a loss as to what to do with the Dead Eye helm because its got a protrusion from its cheek. I can make the Dead Eye perfectly game accurate but building the helmet in pepakura will get significantly harder, so I need some opinions on whether or not to build it game accurate or not.

Heres an example (Its the silver area on the cheek)
http://s.cghub.com/files/Image/410001-411000/410338/811_max.jpg

Personally I prefer game-accurate over artistic interpretation 99% of the time. That protrusion could be added on after the initial pep/foam build, but it could be difficult to do it justice in freehand, especially with the pep-resin method. I would imagine it wouldn't be too much more complex to pep than the under-cutting cheekplate of the Halo 3 Rogue helmet.

Personally I prefer game-accurate over artistic interpretation 99% of the time. That protrusion could be added on after the initial pep/foam build, but it could be difficult to do it justice in freehand, especially with the pep-resin method. I would imagine it wouldn't be too much more complex to pep than the under-cutting cheekplate of the Halo 3 Rogue helmet.

Or trying to perfectly round the top of the rogue helmet like an almond XD.... 5lbs of bondo later hahaha

That's partly why I went with the game-ripped version from MS7 (got the unfold in the link in my sig) rather than what's currently available in the database. The individual inaccuracies were small on their own, but there were enough of them to make the whole thing look off no matter what you do with it.

Congrats. Did you go for the Pioneer/Fast Track? That will help speed things up a bit for you with a 20% EXP boost for as long as you have the mod equipped (granted you have to get to the end of the Pioineer specialization before you can use the mod, but still).

I went for tracker, didn't realize I could just stick a mod into a slot after level 10 of Pioneer. Thanks for the info on the Pioneer Spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back