Sepheus 13's Forging of a Mk V. (Foam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sepheus 13 any way you can break down how you did you spine for this build? It looks really great.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Sepheus 13 any way you can break down how you did you spine for this build? It looks really great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to its front and back sticking out so far my gungnir ended up being 410 mm long just to fit my head and it just seems too big. Could I ask what the dimensions of your helmet are to use as a basis. I have a 22" head size.

I'm using Master Builder's GUNGNIR file (found HERE). The dimensions I'm using are as follows:

H: 287mm
W: 268mm
D: 347mm

This file fits me fairly well - you should only need to scale it up by perhaps 10mm or so. The head opening may be a little tricky to work with, but it's generally fine to use. Let me know if you need any more help!

I'm using Master Builder's GUNGNIR file (found HERE). The dimensions I'm using are as follows:

H: 287mm
W: 268mm
D: 347mm

This file fits me fairly well - you should only need to scale it up by perhaps 10mm or so. The head opening may be a little tricky to work with, but it's generally fine to use. Let me know if you need any more help!

Thanks for saving me Arcanine. :3
To be honest, I have no idea what what sizing I used for my Gungnir. I made most of my templates from scratch, (putting a piece of cardstock onto my computer monitor, and tracing it out.) Very effective.
Arcanine made me a very nice file pack that included many references for Gungnir, including the ingame model, and textures. which I used to make the helmet.

Why thanks. and yes. I'll go into detail.

To begin with. I used Ruze's spine template. (for foam)
and I made all the pieces, using in game reference to ensure it was accurate.

I then took a layer of upholstery foam and I wrapped it with sport cloth, donated from a pair of old running shorts. I really like this material and will be using it for my undersuit.
I then sewed it into the foam, sewed in the line detail, and then super glued the spine plates to the fabric.

here's a more detailed picture of the spine piece. (it's missing some detail. it fell off during Halloween)
IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

And here's detail on the stitching
IMG_0249.jpg

It's uhh.. Brown thread and black sharpie.. Yeah. Not too proud. also hand stitched. I have yet to get a sewing machine.

I then added an elastic strap, from the same pair of shorts. Bahaha. and added this buckle. and fits around my lower ribs.
IMG_0259.jpg

Extremely comfortable, I barely even notice it. It also buckles up into my torso piece, and the Cod.
IMG_0254.jpg

I do hope to remake it. at least the foam backing. once I get the sewing machine.

I hope this helped :)

How to best describe your suit. There are many words I could use to do so. Frankly they fall short of a true description. I could say its "cool" but that is what we do here, we make "Cool" suits. I could also say I am jealous, but wouldn't we all die to try someone elses suit on. So I have decide to say it is spectacular. I is all I wish my suit was and more. One day I hope to get back to armor making and you will definitely be a source of inspiration.

Thanks so much. I got so flustered reading that. I appreciate it. :3

I do apologize for "Poking my head in" and immediately going MIA again. I have got some things going on. keeping me busy.
And I'm trying to get the space to make these cool things that we enjoy making. Because as it currently stands, whenever I want to make something I need to completely change the layout of my room. get things clean, and then get my knifes, etc. everything out.
So, I'm making a workshop. c:
Once this is done. I can apply so much more time to costuming. and the time I put into it will be more effective.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for saving me Arcanine. :3

's alright. That's what I'm here for. I honestly felt sort of bad that you'd done all the hard work putting your foam GUNGNIR helmet together after MB put out the file I posted in my previous entry to this thread - had the file been around earlier you might have been able to use that for templates rather than fuss around with the texture I sent off.

Still, hindsight is always 20/20, I suppose, and I'm always around if you need further assistance. Your build is looking superb.

Dude very nice! It turned out awesome! I especially love the weathering you did. That's something I've always had trouble with.

Plus, We're brothers in colors!

(necroposting, even i hate it... BUT there are questions to be asked!)
can you pm me all the tools you used?(including airbrush)
also, how did you get your Halo photos like that? (ima Xbox noob[unless its the MCC])
and lastly, can you do a tut for the hardcase? (im planning to make it a phone case on my armour[when it starts])

great work!!
from what I see, try to sharpen your blade more often. It will avoid the jagged edge on your foam and make it even cleaner ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back