SHE IS DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

160 dollars.

80-90+ hours of work

Blood, Sweat, and passing out from toxic rein/paint fumes

My armor project is done

I thought it was hopeless to get done by halloween, but tonight, I will show off my armor to tons of young children out there.

I only took 1 picture, and this was because all other pictures come out funny and light colored when taken during the day, so tonight I may post pics, maybe tomorrow, but for now, this is the only picture that showed the real color of my paintjob.

helmet.png

No bondo, just sweating, breathing in lead dust and some hard work to smoothen it, front isnt so smooth since it was too small for my giant sander block, so I did the back smooth, front looks good though.

EDIT: The full suit is done, but no pics yet, just a pic of my helmet.

This helmet is not from slyfo or flying, it is a halo 2 pep file which after making, I modded the helmet to have the chin and ear details on the sides and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not, me being poor now because of my hours at work being cut, I'd have no money to do anymore work for the suit/helmet.

I mixed paints to get the halo 3 effect

I mixed san texture from rustoluem, 3 cans since they just fill the can with sand to make it heavy :/

and 1 can of army green camo paint, camo paint blends with other colored camo paint, but when mixing the two paints...I got halo 3 greenish color and texture, then I sprayed on some cheapo red devil paint thats black, used paper towels and took them off right away to make a burnt effect here and there, then brushed on silver for scratches, dents, other damage, same paintjob for the entire suit.

I cut the sides off with toothed siccors, small siccors with tiny teeth to cut plastic and metal with, it cut smooth and fine, then I shoved the visor inside and hot glued it where it met the helmet's visor area.

Some bad news

When getting ready for halloween, my undersuit with velcro fell apart, the sticky velcro (industrial strength) fell off, I forgot to do this the day before to let the glue sit and harden, or else it is very loose, I screwed the entire armor project over, for halloween I just gave away candy with my crotch piece, torso, and helmet on, everyone recognized me and were screaming and saying how awsome it was, one kid told me my helmet was better than his legenary helmet, he asked if I can see him, I said yea, he asked then why cant he see out of his, I said mine is a real visor and the leg. helmet's isnt, it's a peice of plastic painted gold, then he was screaming "OMG AWSSSSOMMMMEEE"

AoBfrost said:
I cut the sides off with toothed siccors, small siccors with tiny teeth to cut plastic and metal with, it cut smooth and fine, then I shoved the visor inside and hot glued it where it met the helmet's visor area.

Some bad news

When getting ready for halloween, my undersuit with velcro fell apart, the sticky velcro (industrial strength) fell off, I forgot to do this the day before to let the glue sit and harden, or else it is very loose, I screwed the entire armor project over, for halloween I just gave away candy with my crotch piece, torso, and helmet on, everyone recognized me and were screaming and saying how awsome it was, one kid told me my helmet was better than his legenary helmet, he asked if I can see him, I said yea, he asked then why cant he see out of his, I said mine is a real visor and the leg. helmet's isnt, it's a peice of plastic painted gold, then he was screaming "OMG AWSSSSOMMMMEEE"

That sucks.. I understand how you feel. Believe it or not, it takes time to figure out the strapping.. Each time I wore my costume, I figured out that some pieces will need to be trimmed or modified to fit perfectly... I'm at a point where I'm more mobile now.. One of the thing that is frustrating me is trying to keep my shoulders in place... I'll have to spend more time after halloween and strap it properly.. Also, my left toe fell off while walking on a construction part of the street on Sunday.. People didn't notice that MC had a flat tire on one side though.. Oh, you give out candy on the 30th? Wow, If I was a kid.. I would be all over that.. :D

Sucks so bad, but I had fun, read my halloween story, in the general forums, it rocks.

Can you move easily in your armor, I can move my legs just fine, but my arms are impossible, I can bend them half way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back