Soft Parts Shoes For Armor Boots, Update 9-25-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nice thinga about crocs is the material its made out of, its just rubber! I can easily trim and cut away to make it fit flush with the shin armor pieces :]

BlacRoseImmortal said:
The nice thinga about crocs is the material its made out of, its just rubber! I can easily trim and cut away to make it fit flush with the shin armor pieces :]
confloogle away then :) . let us know how goes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nicktendo said:
AND putting them inside a 'decorative' outer boot will take care of the sheer hideousness that comes with the "Croc" name...

Srsly, I hate Crocs. But I'll admit that they're comfy.

EDIT: Ok, I hated the original Crocs, but I have yet to even see anyone wear any of the other styles...
with you there i hate the looks of crocs. I really dont mind spending the extra for combat boots because hell you spent x amout of dollar and your going to put some cheap crocs. i just dont get it

for the people who are verticaly challanged do the crocs help the height? or are they kinda short.

Crocs are like regular shoes... the soles are just a .5 - 1inch layer of rubber.

with you there i hate the looks of crocs. I really dont mind spending the extra for combat boots because hell you spent x amout of dollar and your going to put some cheap crocs. i just dont get it

crocs are long lasting and cheap and they are probably better because you can modify them to the way you want them.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Crocs are like regular shoes... the soles are just a .5 - 1inch layer of rubber.
crocs are long lasting and cheap and they are probably better because you can modify them to the way you want them.
true but all you would need is to get some expanding foam to make it a better seal and some glue to hold it all together

sorry about that i will try to re type it.

What im thinking of doing is taping up some combat (so they dont get messy) then place the armor on the boots. Then i would just spray the gap in between the armor and the boot to get a better seal so they dont move around to much.

oh, well that would work. But im trying to make thigns easy lol. The croc boots, being made of rubber, are easy to put snappy thingys on them and I plan on doing just that, put snappy thigns everywhere so the armor boot on top wont budge at all :D

Everyone has there own way of doing things and Im not trying to discourage you, but for the sake of this thread it is good to get all types of opinions and ways of doing the boots. Which, I think, is the hardest part to make legit.

i'm going to hot glue or somehow attack my boot to an old pair of Nike Free's that i got for free from a fellow cross country friend.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
oh, well that would work. But im trying to make thigns easy lol. The croc boots, being made of rubber, are easy to put snappy thingys on them and I plan on doing just that, put snappy thigns everywhere so the armor boot on top wont budge at all :D

Everyone has there own way of doing things and Im not trying to discourage you, but for the sake of this thread it is good to get all types of opinions and ways of doing the boots. Which, I think, is the hardest part to make legit.
you have a good point there. I hope your corc idea works because i would be glad to change my plan for a much easier one

BlacRoseImmortal said:

you have a good point there. I hope your corc idea works because i would be glad to change my plan for a much easier one

BlacRoseImmortal said:
This probably doesnt belong here... Mods feel free to move this/lock it or whatever.

Anywho, I was just pondering upon the Boots of my Mk6 armor that I hope to begin soon and was wondering what kind of shoes would be best? I know alot of you use Military style boots but i'm trying to think of an alternative...

Skate shoes are comfortable but bulky, Converse High Tops are to damn thin and the soles suck and will wear out fairly quickly, military style boots are a pain to tie up and slip on and off with difficulty.....

I need to find something that has alot of the traits that the listed above have.... Comfortable, High Top (or somethign similar), Long lasting....

My everyday shoes are a pair of DC Manteca's (Skate shoes) and I think that would be the best thing to use because they last forever (if you dont actually use them to skate lol) and they are very comfortable and I never have to re-tie them (Its been about 4 years since my last shoe tie lol) but they dont go up too high on my ankle like the Mk6 Boots do... also they are bulky because of all the padding in them so if I use them it will look like I'm wearin clown shoes with my armor....
I want to know what other people have done in regards to this issue, maybe post a picture of your boot/inner shoe combo?

*stares in Adam's direction O.O*
any advise would be awesome.

IF you're looking for boots....I can't help you:(.
but if you just need shoes, just a pair of black basketball shoes or fine. If you paint or just put something over the logos, it will last long, are comfortable, and work fine.

Spartan 051 said:
sorry about that i will try to re type it.

What im thinking of doing is taping up some combat (so they dont get messy) then place the armor on the boots. Then i would just spray the gap in between the armor and the boot to get a better seal so they dont move around to much.

Something like this perhaps?

100_1889.jpg

100_1914.jpg

I sprayed the interior foam with Plasti-dip for a "grippier" surface and the foam is shaped to allow me to pull the boots out but still keep them locked in pretty tightly when the armor "boots" are installed...

DogWizard said:
Something like this perhaps?

100_1889.jpg

100_1914.jpg

I sprayed the interior foam with Plasti-dip for a "grippier" surface and the foam is shaped to allow me to pull the boots out but still keep them locked in pretty tightly when the armor "boots" are installed...
Thanks for posting. I remember someone doing it and it was a great idea but didnt remember the name

I like the Croc idea. Comfortable shoe, easy to mod, easy to slip on, but it occured to me that with Robo's 3 piece boot, you really won't need to have to slip your foot in, since you can remove the top piece and have access to any laces/whatnot...

So I'm thinking, if you built the boot, you could but elastic/velcro pieces in the toe and heel, (assuming the "arch" area is flexible) and use pretty much any shoe you want...

The georgie style Crocs look great, but I wear a size 14 shoe... the largest size is a 13. I might be able to slip into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back