Should i buy a XBOX 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

TR Gunzilla

I heard **** about the 360'
That red rings of death thing scared me
Ids that true ?
i heard after .. well xx time the xbox will die.

Im afraid of buying a x360

Should i?

I bought one. Mine RROD. I have sent it in, and am waiting for it to come home. We shall see. It all depends. How valuable is 400 dollars to ya. =/

On a much brighter note, I just checked the 360 support page and ITS BEEN SHIPPED. Its coming hoooommmeeee.

i got mine on launch day, and havent had any problems with it

*knock on wood*

microsoft is trying to help with the whole rrod thing

so id say its worth it.

of couse. Even with rrod. I sent mine off. With all of the sickest games and HD play. Who wouldnt buy it is the real question. go for 5t. And dont forget XBL!!!

thisismadness2 said:
ive had my 360 for a year now and nothing bad has happpened to itand ive also had xbox live ever since ive had my xbox

Finaly a good post

anyway , where did u Placed ur 360? so i can do the same , since u had no problem ...

Last edited by a moderator:
i put it in my bedroom next to my tv standing long ways up and also VERY VERY important fact do not move your xbox when it is on with a game in it it can break or kill the game

TR Gunzilla said:
Thanks all , but well , suck , since i live in quebec , Microsoft is kinda far away.
Waiting for more answer
the repair center is in texas.

and its a 3 year warranty, not 1 year. Atleast thats what i was told.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FAN BLOWING THE HOT AIR AWAY FROM THE CONSOLE!!

I have one next to mine and it keeps it cool while keeping the heat blowing away..

Also on a lighter note if your xbox does red ring TAKE THE HARDRIVE OFF AND KEEP IT!! You don't want all your stuff gone with it so its best to keep it and let them ship it back to you and vola.

here's what i should of done,

first 360=must buy

secopund buy it at gamestop and poay the 50$ for the gamestop 1 year

any problems take it in you get new 1 in like 15 minutes

i lost mine the DAY BEFORE HALO 3, Still haven't gotten one back thats worked

M$ Customer service in india ROCKS!

buy intercooler

well my brother got the red ring of death. but it doesnt matter its so worth buying. if i didnt have a 360 when halo came out i would of bought a 360 just for that.so ya its worth buying even though the red ring of death is true but it didnt happen to my brother untill about three years after he had it. so if i where you i would go buy it.

anyone know what causes the rrod? i heard that its because of the heat sink malfunction or something like that...can it also be from standing the 360 long ways up?

My friend still has her 360, and it's a 1st gen. 360. She keeps the 'Box on top of her uber-awesome sound system, which is inside a cupboard.

Make sure there isn't any dust in your 'Box. I think dust can give you the rrod.

MC PwN 3R said:
anyone know what causes the rrod? i heard that its because of the heat sink malfunction or something like that...can it also be from standing the 360 long ways up?
ROFL

Standing a system up causes no problems, it doesnt affect heat in any way, also, heat sinks cant malfunction, they are just heat sinks, pieces of metal used to cool the cpu and graphics chipset. But I guess you could say they didnt use enough heatsinks, or a good enough heatsink in the original system, the CPU itself is also a problem since it would get hot easily, thats why they replaced the new 360's wit hthe falcon chipset to make it run cooler, plus there are more heatsinks when I popped one open. (thus voided the warranty of my friends 360 :D)

Queen said:
My friend still has her 360, and it's a 1st gen. 360. She keeps the 'Box on top of her uber-awesome sound system, which is inside a cupboard.
Make sure there isn't any dust in your 'Box. I think dust can give you the rrod.

Dust accumilation can cause a static electricity problem, some PC's are too dusty, they just wont start, same for the 360, another problem is that dust can also just help the system heat up, more crap in there to heat up easily, just more heat to kill the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back