Shucks, I cursed in my title...

Status
Not open for further replies.

imMonkeyGOD

Well I got my visor but it was bigger than I thought it would be...not really surprising to the expecting. :p

It is an HJC Shield GOLD CL-14 Visor for anyone who want to know.

I'm not sure where exactly to cut the visor and really don't want to mess it up either >.>' I have a friend who might be able to give me a Dremel, but he asked me what type of Dremel because Dremel is the brand name :p
So anyone with any experience on cutting and placing the visor onto the visor, please share :D

Also, I got another few questions...

Web Straps, Straps, where do I get it (Any retail stores?) and how to put it on the armor.

As for fiberglassing, does it have to be resined inside the armor before I fiberglass then Resin? Cause I'm almost out of resin :[
(Ex. Resined>Resin Dried>Apply Fiberglass>Resin the Fiberglass | I want it to have it like this. Resined>Resin Dried>Apply Fiberglass>Resin the Fiberglass) Is it possible?

Thanks.
~imMonkeyGOD (Pictures will come up soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Use Krylon spray adhesive to attach the fiberglass to the armor temporarily, then resin it. Then, if you have enough resin left, resin the outside of the paper. You should resin the paper first though because even card stock will sag if you go straight to fiberglassing.

Master Chef said:
Yeah. Use Krylon spray adhesive to attach the fiberglass to the armor temporarily, then resin it. Then, if you have enough resin left, resin the outside of the paper. You should resin the paper first though because even card stock will sag if you go straight to fiberglassing.

.............what?

Your suppose to be happy, the visor should be big, if it's small it wont fit then, just cut it with your dremel or if your too cheap, use a pcv pipe saw.

Just tell your friend what you need it for and he'll probably give you the right Dremel and try a fabric store for the straps.

velcro may be cheaper and look a bit better, although straps are good too, some prefer straps, some prefer velcro. I just prefer velcro myself.

SH_Jack said:
Just tell your friend what you need it for and he'll probably give you the right Dremel and try a fabric store for the straps.
Fabric Store? Like Rag Shop?

now how is someone going to know what the thread is about when all you type is ****. wise up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back