sig sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragclone

ok a lil note on signitures. alot of peeps have sigs that are oo big, take too much space. or they have GIFS.
the size is an annoyance and just rude; we're not here to see who has a biggern sig! we make armor not font sizes!
GIFs sometimes are pretty big. and slow down the thread or site. so keep the gif size to a minamum.
back to sizes:
sigs are suppost to tell something about you, express yourself, or have a quote or phrase in it, not show off how big you can type

so get rid of the BF sigs...

that is all...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I was hoping this was about how tall I am

The giant text kind of annoys me too but I have a GIF.

Dance Leonidus DANCE!

I have had 56k till about 2 weeks ago :/.

I totaly agree on the Sigs thing, I really have to type up a set of rules for sigs as they are getting WAY to big >.>.

I am almost thinking around 135x500 as that should be suffcient to fit what you need. Nothing over 100kbs either, because you have a small sig dosn't mean it wont be a large file size...

Big sigs are just annoying because you have to scroll through a lot to read. But filewise, we don't want our forum pages taking 5 minutes to load due to 500kbs sigs.

-Doom

Sigma-LS said:
And I was hoping this was about how tall I am

The giant text kind of annoys me too but I have a GIF.
Dance Leonidus DANCE!
LOL... Is my sig too big (i can ryhm(sp.))? I just got it and it looks bigger than most. I wasn't sure if i needed to change it.

i meant like big GIFS. if anyone has those take em off... they slow it down... basicly it adds to the rule: no embeding vids into your sigs :cool:

drgon47 said:
Who really has 56k anymore ?
for about half of the month, I do! we're on a 6 gigabite capped plan. so when my brother downloads a bit much stuff, then the rest of the family is stuck with dial-up speed. telecom sucks. and that is why big sigs are bad(aside from Sigma-LS, he rocks)

Erm... sigs are for people who are insecure in their ability to say anything important... and people trying to make a point with their message...

All else = fail

Fragclone said:
i meant like big GIFS. if anyone has those take em off... they slow it down... basicly it adds to the rule: no embeding vids into your sigs :cool:
yours is quite large...

but Sean, you yourself have a sig, even if it is just text, it is in the signature text area, which makes it...a sig

Ragnarok118 said:
yours is quite large...

Yeah... my sig has an actual message I'm trying to promote (see the latter half of my description of sigs)

I like mine. I kinda edited it though from the original. Was too long and peoples attention spans arnt long enough to read it, so I made the main point of the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back