Sizes, Sizes, Sizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt Whoopass

Jr Member
hello fellow noobs! this is my first thread and i would like to start it off by saying that every singly scrap of information is invaluable to our up and coming Spartans. in this thread i will be laying out EXACTELY how things should be sized and how to do so, this comes in handy when you are wondering down the road after spending a but load of cash why you cant bend your arms or legs.

first things first is the helmet, the one thing you want to make sure that you know is the dimensions of your head but i found that unless you know that your head is abnormal big or small the default size is good.

next is the chest, your going to want to measure how wide your shoulder blades are first this will ensure you can wear it comfortably without shoulder pads, then you are going to want to know how deep it is. try holding a tape measure to the deepest part of your chest, i would recommend holding a tape measure there wile you look at it sideways threw a mirror this way you can best judge it.

now the shoulders are a little difficult to do, not only do you need the length but how thick your bicep is as well. your going to want to measure the bicep to be about a half inch down from the top of your shoulder to about an inch and a half from the inside of your elbow this will make sure the top of the bicep doesn't rub on your shoulder and the bottom doesn't interfere with the forearm and allow you to bend at the elbow.

now to the forearm, you want to make sure you give your wrist plenty of room so your hand can slide in and out. don't worry about it slipping out if you do it just right the gloves will help it stay on due to the extra padding. now make sure you know that the spike of the forearm is supposed to stick out past the elbow a little so make sure you measure your arm accordingly and add a little more length for it to fit properly

now comes the belt, or as i call it the chief diaper, this is a little harder to measure because of how hard it is to measure the diamater of your waist accurately but i found it easier to simply to measure your best and then add an inch onto it just in case, with this part there will be plenty of room for error because its verry easy to alter the belt before you resin/fiberflass it but its much easier to subtract a size then to add more room.

now the thighs are the same basic thing but pose a more real challenge because the legs are so crucial, you need to be able to move and sit and walk without looking like there's a stick up your a** to do this measure your thighs so they will come down2 inches before the knee and make sure that the bottom is loose when you kneel, if it feels to tight and there is too much tension you will need to add more paper to avoid uncomfortable bends and squats. at the top you should do the same but for this you can use a method i call the hanging holsters. if you measure a cretin amount of material and fasten a strap to the thigh and a strap to the belt you can use the belt to hold your thighs up without any discomfort, hence the name "hanging holster method"

the thighs are next and the measurements depend on if your going to make the boots as well, if so make sure that you leave at least 5 to 6 inches from your heel so they wont rub against each other and get ruined. also keep in mind that the tops of the shins will come up past the knee, i would recommend adding a half inch to the top to ensure the shins and thighs don't rub. it is also verry crucial that you dont make the bottoms too narrow or you wont be able to get your feet in or out.

and now the feet, its very simlpe mearure how long the boot or shoe your using is and go off that.

if you have made it to the bottom of this thread it evidence that you are really didecated to making this armor and listening to me rambel on and on about what i think i know. simple fact is that i wouldnt post this stuff if i dint thimk it would help.

Sgt. Whoopass!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back