Skratch Build Odst Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

darth wombo

Jr Member
Alright so a few weeks ago I decided to make a rookie helm (before I even had Halo 3: ODST) and I could not wait so i made it out of cardboard and no templates, sad i know but I think it looks good so far. and here are some pics.....
DSC_0447-1.jpg
DSC_0449.jpg
DSC_0451.jpg
DSC_0450.jpg

more updates to come soon

okay so after a little plaster, a little sanding, and some details here is what i have so far, dont worry I'm not done with the plaster and sanding yet

and i have a little resin left from a different helmet and i think I'm going to use that on the inside but I dont know yet it's pretty sturty as it is.

DSC_0731.jpg
DSC_0732.jpg
DSC_0733.jpg
DSC_0735.jpg
DSC_0737.jpg

Next step will most likely be more detail then resin then paint and weathering and (visor which I'm not shure what I'm going to do for)

Looks great! I have a suggestion though: you might want to use plaster/bondo to fill out the back part of the dome. It looks a little bit too pointy on top and flat on the back.

Looks great.

If you don't mind me saying here. The "Lip" of the helmet is too big/high.

Basically the visor hole, well the part in the centre directly underneath where the visor is, its too high up, I'd try cutting it down and re-bondoing if i were you.

Still looks great man.

Holy poo that helmet is AMAZING, nice work there , one of the best scratch builds ive seen ,well done!

If I can do it so can you. any way i think I'm doing detaild and possibly primer later tonight

and I think I found a visor! YES!!!!

alright so here it is from paint to visor to finish, I like it and I hope you do to, I am selling it on Ebay in time for halloween so check it out on the link below :)

My link

DSC_0732-1.jpg
DSC_0735-1.jpg
DSC_0740.jpg
DSC_0741.jpg
DSC_0743.jpg
DSC_0745.jpg
DSC_0747.jpg
DSC_0748.jpg
DSC_0750.jpg
DSC_0757.jpg

Status