Skullcandy Girl's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullcandy Girl

I gotta join my fellow Lady Forgers and get some armor going. So seeing as I haven't started a thread yet, granted nothing much to report other than a botched first attempt at FS's helmet, I'm finally able to start up again. So my first pieces are going to be Robo's hand plates. I have tiny hands, so even scaled to my size the plates are a bit big,(it looks gargantu, but that's just the camera angle) but it doesn't bother me right now, I'll have to see how they do when Robo or FS get their version of the Gauntlets done, as to see if they will bump into each other. This plate took me about 4 hours, and I took my time :) I'm going to hold off the resining for a bit since it's too cold for it to cure, I'm just going to continue building the smaller pieces. I think the boots are my next project. I'll save the FS helmet and torso for when I have more time.

The images are small, just to save bandwidth etc etc, one day I'll upload bigger versions.

The handplates are looking sweet. They look so good in fact, I may have to make some and upgrade the ones I've got.

Keep us updated! Seeing that you're taking your time tells me that this thing will be great when it's finished.

It's great to have another one of our ladies working on some armor too!

Shanks for th encouragement Sigma :) There's some many nice pep files to choose from now :D I'll post more as I finish :)

I'm happy to have at least one piece done so I can join the other girls :D

cool another lady on the site making some armor! Are you going to be doing the woman armor, or the normal spartan perm?

Probably just the standard Robo and FS peps for now. I saw the female pep files, though I guess those have kinks that are being worked out. I may try em out once they get tweaked a bit more :)

Looking good!! Taking your time paid off! I agree with Sigma I made the ones without the details and now I might go back and upgrade!! and it sounds like the cold weather has slowed everyone down

Looks great Skullcandy, I need to make those handplates...It looks like they have quite a bit of detail. Anyway, good luck on your armor, and I can't wait till you have a finished product! Keep us posted.

SO both handplates are done, and I'm about half way done with the right boot... which hurts my hand... alot XD I'm not whining, there's just a ton of tiny flaps, almost as bad as the FS helmet. Hah I dunno how big they'll be over a pair of combat boots, so we'll see. Here are pics of my progress, and a pic of me since I screwed around with my new Urban Decay make-up :p Hopefully I MAY get this boot done tomorrow, but I can't tell XD

Skullcandy Girl said:
SO both handplates are done, and I'm about half way done with the right boot... which hurts my hand... alot XD I'm not whining, there's just a ton of tiny flaps, almost as bad as the FS helmet.
My suggestion is that you go back and edit the pdo files. When you scaled them for your size, you forgot to take into account that the flaps will also reduce in size. In my case, the flaps ended up only 1.2 mm wide and as in your case, they were a pain to work with. What I did was to go back and increased the flap width (I prefer 4 mm).

Skullcandy Girl said:
Hah I dunno how big they'll be over a pair of combat boots, so we'll see.
LOL! I'm also building the MC boots over my combat boots. Tactical boots, to be more precise. I noticed that the base by the heel was much too wide so I'm going to narrow it just before I resin it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ral Partha said:
My suggestion is that you go back and edit the pdo files. When you scaled them for your size, you forgot to take into account that the flaps will also reduce in size. In my case, the flaps ended up only 1.2 mm wide and as in your case, they were a pain to work with. What I did was to go back and increased the flap width (I prefer 4 mm).
LOL! I'm also building the MC boots over my combat boots. Tactical boots, to be more precise. I noticed that the base by the heel was much too wide so I'm going to narrow it just before I resin it.

Oh I didn't know you could edit tabs, interesting, I may try that on the next boot. Heheheh yeah my Puma Sneakers are white and low profile, so it'll clash with the black under armor. Hhehehe yeah I have a pair of these awesome and comfortable Tactical Boots :D And they're just bulky enough to fill up the boot hhahaha!

Skullcandy Girl said:
Oh I didn't know you could edit tabs, interesting, I may try that on the next boot. Heheheh yeah my Puma Sneakers are white and low profile, so it'll clash with the black under armor. Hhehehe yeah I have a pair of these awesome and comfortable Tactical Boots :D And they're just bulky enough to fill up the boot hhahaha!
Yep, it's under Configuration -> Flap Configuration and you can set the flap width to any value you want.

I prefer using my tactical to combat because its soles are thicker, giving me a more substantial height boost. :lol:

looks good, ecpecially the handplates. I used Sylfos models, little less detail but i can just add it with cardboard. all those little folds would drive me insane!great job on em

hey! lookin good! i was wonderin if u had givin up. thankfuly not. howd u find the handplates? i almsot found them harder then the jaw but then again i do know the jaw 'like the back of my hand'. sorry i had to. but yea, i did find it almost harder for some reason.

Thanks Vex :) Can't wait to have a full set of armor like you :D

Thanks Silver, yeah the added details in the pep while tedious at times, really makes a difference. I've never tried adding details after the fact, I should try :)

Shanks FS. nah I never quit, my schedule as it is, doesn't allow me the time I need to complete certain parts of your Helmet and possibly the torso without risking warping damage :( Working on your helmet did teach me a lot about Pep, and it was fun, regardless of my screw up. Your helmet is by far a lot more complicated, and some of the details in Robo's armor (small folds and tabs) reminded me of the schematics you make, which is a good thing. Those small some times pain in the ass details really make a difference :D

The left boot is done! Length wise it fits my foot well though these suckers are roomy! heheheh, Maybe in a few months when I got some of the other armor pieces done I'll see how they are propotion wise ot the other armor, and how the fit with my Tactical boots, maybe some foam and velcro will make these less roomy. I may cut out around the boot base some my boot treads are what's touching the ground :) This looks great! Big ups to Robo for his hi-res gear!

wow that does look really good, and im still stuck on cutting out the helmet.

keep up the good work, by the time you are done the full set it should be a little warmer, but maybe not. :)

Thanks rvb :D Which helmet are you working on? Yeah it's actually been warmer out, almost 50 today XD Maybe I could start doing some resin XP

Looking good.

And the costume so far is too. :p

Between work and house-hunting, I really need to get some cardstock and decide on which armour to start on first and the level of detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back