Skullcandy Girl's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah thanks Spartan :p Ihear ya on the finding time stuff, pain in the butt!

Shanks Rank, nah my Lid isnt done yet, I can't get it done in one day, so I have to build it in sections to avoid warping. I can start a piece and get so busy with my other work it could possibly sit for a week, and I don't want it to warp.

That pep stuff looks way hard. You must have some serious patience. It looks like your suit is coming along very good.

My card board Rocket Launcher has stalled. I plan to start back on it in Feb. Hopefully, it will warm up a little so I can get back out to my studio (aka shop with out heat). After I get it built and resined, I am going to make a negative mold with that Smooth On stuff and then slush mold the final launcher.

Later,

Rank

post-4684-1199215969_thumb.jpg

Something about this is adorable lol. I love those boots.

Rankmastachief said:
That pep stuff looks way hard. You must have some serious patience.
It's not really that hard. But you're right about the amount of patience needed to complete even just one. Ironically, I like that Zen-like state that I get whenever I sit down to work on cutting, scoring, folding and gluing the paper pieces. Think of it like modern origami but not quite. Plus, armor and weapons turn out very symmetric and thus very pleasing to the eyes. I hardly get that by cutting and gluing cardboard pieces together without Pepakura.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah a cold shop sucks to work it period, if my hands are frozen I can't work XP I had fun doing these peps, cutting out the tiny circle tabby things on the gloves and boots was the most tedious thing for me, but it was worth it :D And it makes my armor making process sentimental, and I also like it because I'm away form my computer while i make these. It's a nice learning process etc etc :)

Heheheheh little Chief booties. Vex :D heheheh maybe we could make master chief slippers hahahahaha :D

Yeah, I some of the thin mountain,valley, mountain folds were trying, but Ral has a good point of view, I just feel happy and relaxed when I'm doing pep. I can't build stuff this technical from scratch. And the cool value of knowing I'll have wearable cheif armor makes it all the more fun :)

hmmm girl armor....i bet this will fit me getter than the guy armor
i think ill try this! after all yours is turning out great!

Very nice, you wanna finish a suit for me.... I mean your doing great so.....????

Seriously Great Work!

Stop play'n on you DS and do some work! lol

Looking good. This is the first HD boot I've seen done. Only thing is that the hand plates look a little to big. I wouldn't mind bigger pics though ;)

Looks really good, keep it up, but the glove looks like it might just be a hair to big, but i could be mistaken, but either way it looks fantastic

-Justin

Vexona said:
post-4684-1199215969_thumb.jpg

Something about this is adorable lol. I love those boots.
Ahh...I was gonna say that...luckily I read through the whole thread!

Robogenisis said:
Looking good. This is the first HD boot I've seen done. I wouldn't mind bigger pics though ;)
Yups, it is the first that I have seen and it is damn nice. I really like how you add the straight lines on there for your folds. You can really tell that you are taking your time in this!

Keep up the great work!

@ Dark:
Aww bummer dood, save dem pennies, atleast for the paper, ruler and glue it's about $16.00 @ Staples :D

@rachciav
Well technicaly this is the standard MC armor, the female project isn't quite where I thought it'd be, so I'm going ot pass on attempting that. I don't like the boob cups on the armor... that's just my opinion though. It's fun you should totally go for it, we need mo' ladies Represetin'!

@DoC ByTeS
Shanks Doc, what... make you... Armor? huh whu? Your helmet is tits on toast, why you askin' me foo? hahah YOU may not get yours til August XP And I like my DS, it's SHINY and PINK!! *pouts*

@Ironcobra3000
Yeah, once it warms up I'll be moving on to resin, glass and glaze, for now I'm storing the non warpable elements somewhere they won't get trampled.

@Robogenisis
The pep schematics were actually pretty user friendly and fun to make :) The boots look AWESOME! Hahah sorry I'll get ya some bigger pics this weekend. I have to keep the file sizes down for the time being :)

@BishopX
Shanks Bishop! :) I can't wait to see what stuff you make in your studio :D

@tonsofhoopla
Yeah the plates are a bit big, but it's kinda cool and cutish, hahah like I said before, I'll have to see what it looks like with the guanlets.

@WetOkole
hehehe Chief booties!!!
Shanks Okole :D I just scored them 2-3 times with my ballpoints and my trusty metal ruler and took my time. It really pays off :) Shanks for the nice compliments, it's all thanks to Robo's Pep files!

So in Pep-production news, I'm not sure when I'll do the other boot. Maybe in about 2 weeks since my animation schedule has started up again. After the boot I plan on doing FS's Helmet and Torso, which who knows how long it could take me. It's just great to see so many people making the pep files and sharing them with us so we can have a productive hobby :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
Your helmet is tits on toast, why you askin' me foo?
hahahahaha, now theres a saying!!! tiz all lookin great so far... but you already know that by now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back