SO i started my armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicboom7

Im doing a freehand cardboard spartan suit. Partly for halloween and mostly 4 funny videos.

Ive made the chest,helmet,gauntlets and leg pieces.I need to make the shoes,shoulders and gloves but onto my question:

IF ive already started painting what can i use to strengtgen the suit?

i like the cat btw

i was actually planning on making a full use plastic one after this one.using this one as a basic template. But 4 now i want it strong.

Sorry for briefness or grammatical errors im using the Wii as internet

First off, I feel I should make it known to you that the general rule of thumb here on the forums is that if you're to post a "I started work on [insert item here]" thread, you need to include pics in your post.

Second, to answer your question, as you've already started painting the outside of the armour pieces, the only way to reinforce the armour would be to resin & fiberglass the inside (that's typically the first step most people do when building thier armour).

Hope that helps... :cool:

ASCETIC said:
i was actually planning on making a full use plastic one after this one.using this one as a basic template. But 4 now i want it strong.

Sorry for briefness or grammatical errors im using the Wii as internet

yeah it does I wasnt sure if i could do that still.

I have one old picture of the body and helmet before detailing and before i scrapped the shoulders and legs...
i cant link it since im on the wii but its:

gamefaqs.com>boards>social boards>another place> topic: my costume by mesajarjarbinks.

oh if you do look i paper mached the helm-not motocross helm as some people thought

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Fiberglass would be the best.

But your "plastic" armor, will you use your cardboard to make the molds, or make a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back