Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
cobra2_2.jpg

looks familiar:

gallery_2_4_2783822.jpg

I think WETA's version looks better anyway. Looks much more functional and utilitarian while the H3 version just looks like a over complicated wax figure. I really like the utility knife he's got slung to his shoulder.

yeah i was meaning the helmet is the same. The halo 3 screen isnt' an ODST, it's a armor permutation on a spartan.

Andrew L said:
looks like the lower picture has his lenses made by oakley.
Doesn't really look like the Oakley "O" to me . . .

Also, I JUST noticed that you can see the actor's face underneath the visor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but the silly boys at WETA don't care. :D
I need to find a similar knife to the one on the WETA ODST.

Nappy Hared Azn said:
Wait, isn't the UNSC combat knife supposed to look like this?
actuly those are the micheti like knifes thay use :DDDD but i luve dat thing! to bad u cant use it ><

FinAeros said:
Yes, it is.

Link's done a sort of printed decal method for his Marine armor, and I think Sigma's free-handed one on his suit.

Here's a better shot of it.
Yea thats a great pic. But where do you find these pics at? Not like you can just google them.

Also Has and can someone make a uniform out of metal instead of resin because that has to be very good paint if it is?

The pictures are in the gallery section of the site, put up by Adam. They were taken from an article on Halo.Bungie.Org about the "Combat 1" short.

I'm pretty sure Weta went full out with their work for the Halo shorts, so it's probably a metal/composite that they used. It might be a phenomenal paint job as well, but I think it's both.

It's technically possible, but without a means to either stamp or cast the armor it'd have to be cut and welded, and metal armor is generally heavier than fiberglass and resin. Although it can be thinner and still be structurally self supported, so that might even out in the long run.

FinAeros said:
The pictures are in the gallery section of the site, put up by Adam. They were taken from an article on Halo.Bungie.Org about the "Combat 1" short.

I'm pretty sure Weta went full out with their work for the Halo shorts, so it's probably a metal/composite that they used. It might be a phenomenal paint job as well, but I think it's both.

It's technically possible, but without a means to either stamp or cast the armor it'd have to be cut and welded, and metal armor is generally heavier than fiberglass and resin. Although it can be thinner and still be structurally self supported, so that might even out in the long run.
Thanks for helping a noob. Though about how much would that suit cost if I somehow had a link because I would pay anything for that! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back