Some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbradley

Howdy all, I'm still pretty new to all this stuff, so I'm hoping for some advice, tips, suggestions, anything to help me get started. My main question for now, though, is this: I want to start drawing out plans for a highly detailed Halo 3 Mark VI suit, so what programs should I be looking into for design? I can transfer screenshots to my computer, and I could try to draw and scale by hand, but I don't foresee that being pretty...

Also, when it comes to constructing the armor itself, what are the benefits and drawbacks of the different materials used in each layer (stuff like insulation, weight, sturdiness, etc.)? In the end I want something sturdy enough to bump around in, but won't wear me out or burn me up within an hour.

One last thing. When putting the armor together, do you suggest I connect the pieces with undercoating or keep them separate and wear them over something?

Again, any input is helpful. Hopefully I can start designing soon!

Well, I would suggest just making a pep suit. flying_squirrel and I are making some high detail pep files. So far I've done the hand plate and boot, and FS has made the helmet, and the chest. You'll probably get better results using pep. DF4L has also made a smooth Halo 3 helmet.

My HD models HERE
FS's HD models HERE
DF4L's smooth helmet HERE

Those are really good, sir! Do the two of you take most your references from the in-game modeling? Either way, I'm looking forward to contributing to this amazing network once I get a handle on all this Pep and DF4L stuff.

Again, fantastic job so far.

Pep and DF4L stuff.
and DF4L stuff
just
lol

Well, anyways, Lesson one:Dannifoods4less is a person not a thing.
Welcome to the forums, hope to see a great suit! Robogenisis basically covered the whole pep thing and it can all be explained in 405th Mjolnir Armor- Halo Costuming and Prop Site, Mastre Chief>Armor, Uniform and Prop Making>Creation Discussion>Pepakura and Cardboard Armor> The top topics a.k.a the stickies...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wear them over something, an undersuit works best, if you dont want to spend 50-100 dollars on a diving suit, then just buy a cheap turtleneck sweatshirt and sweat pants, otherwise tights work too. Then just strap the armor together, I did my suit with straps, it fits nice and is comfortable to wear.

mysuithanging.png

Keegan said:
Well, anyways, Lesson one:Dannifoods4less is a person not a thing.

*ahem*... my apologies... lol. Anyway, thanks for the welcome, Keegan.

AoBfrost said:
Wear them over something, an undersuit works best, if you dont want to spend 50-100 dollars on a diving suit, then just buy a cheap turtleneck sweatshirt and sweat pants, otherwise tights work too. Then just strap the armor together, I did my suit with straps, it fits nice and is comfortable to wear.

Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back