Some Questions For The Drummers Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizander

hey I'm looking to buy a china cymbal and a double kick. I don't want top of the line, but I dont want bottom of the line either. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. I have about 250$ for the double kick, (my parents are buying it as a reward for finishing all my lifegaurd courses..) and about 80$ for a china cymbal. I saw an axis longboard single pedal for 235$, so I was considering buying that, and learning to use the heel to toe technique crazy fast in order to make up for the lack of a second pedal :p I would like to be able to fit my size 13 feet on the pedals to do heel-toe anyways..

Here is a link to the cymbal I was considering: http://cgi.ebay.com/14-CHINA-CYMBAL...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e56393a52

I have heard good things about wuhans, that they are cheap, while having a good trashy sound. That stand would be useful too.

How do you stack cymbals? I heard of it a little while ago, but I don't know how, so any pointers would be helpful.

Thank you for all your help in advance!

EDIT: in case it helps, I am learning to play hardcore drums (which is why I need a china and a double kick)

Well I have'nt used drums in a long time but I have friends that play the drums. Wuhans are sort of good quality and the sound is the same as other cymbals I think personally but it depends more on the durability I think on how well they hold up to getting hit before dents start showing up (depends how hardcore you are). The prices on everything you listed seem about right but I bet if you do some looking around you'll find what you are looking for cheaper.

I would suggest a DW 7002PT double pedal. It really can't be beat for the price which is around 250. As for the Wuhan go for it. Very trashy and almost makes your skin crawl, and that's not a bad thing for a china trust me lol

Not sure about the double-kick as I'm not a big fan (not really good at it either haha), but for the china I hear paiste's chinas are pretty good. Don't really like the sound of paiste cymbals, but I think they might have the sound you're looking for. Also, I don't know if you live close to a long and mcquades (winnipeg??) but that's a great store to just walk in to and check out the sound of cymbals/compare to your current cymbal setup. If you're ever near one, it's a good investment of time to check it out.

Hey thanks for the replys guys!

@Nintendude; you have any hints on where to look?? :pI am probably going to buy the wuhan I linked to. I wont be hitting it crazy hard, so it should be fine.. And when it breaks I'll buy a paiste or zildgen (spelling??) :)

@Jswift: I might end up going with the DW 7000PT. I read a bunch of reviews, and the everage lifespan for the double kick is about 2 years. Plenty of time to get good at double kick maybe buy a higher quality one. :)

@jareyes: Lol :pits kinda hard to stay on beat with double kicks... and yes!! That was the first place I checked :) they have very good staff there.. cool electric drum sets too :p Thanks for the note about the paise cymbals? when Igo to Quest musique, I will check them out..

Any of you guys know how to stack cymbals?? I'm trying to figure that out... so far my attempts havn't been too good :p

EDIT: wow I just realized how many smilies I used lol

My thoughts on cymbals.. though I am primarily a marching drummer if I were to assemble my own drum set I would probably use the old standard Zildjian for most of the cymbals, with a Sabian High-Hat. That is more for my drum style though, if you are using a double beat that probably means you have different tastes than me lol. But yes I hear Wuhan is great for Chinas.

I also prefer: Peal or Yamaha drums, VicFirth sticks, and Remo heads.

As well as Yamaha for marching percussion instruments.

Darkslitter said:
Get some Iron Cobras you'll be much happier with them than 700pts

Why is that?? I have heard good things about both pedals??

(and sorry for the extremely late reply... I lost this thread for a while :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are Two ways to stack cymbals the old way is to do just that stack one cumbal upside down on top of another with a piece of felt between, I sugest that if you use this method use a splash for the top cymbal.

The newer method is to use an extender like this one.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibraltar-Mini-Cymbal-Stacker-102961141-i1139023.gc

As for the bass pedal I use a PDP DP402 Double bass and I have no complaints with the thing and it works great for only $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back