"Sorry guys, this has been a misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

"Sorry guys, this has been a misunderstanding.

We ( W e s t e r f i e l d Studios ) picked up a
lot of pistols while at Dragon*Con from whom we thought were the original casters, intending to paint
and re-sell them online so that a wider portion of the Halo community could have a way to get them
and make a profit.

We weren't aware that they were knockoffs from Link, or any one just BUNGIE. The wording in our
auctions was not to suggest that he was a re-caster, it was to get him to call us to get to the bottom of
this. He did not,

I have 7 of this pistols. 2 or 3 will sell on e-bay,
I Will list no more. I will not have them on my Webb
Store as of today.
I will not order any more.
I can not think of any thing else to do. Killing my
self is right out, Sorry.

If Link called me and told what was up. NOT one line statements, This would not of got this far. I am
sorry for my part as a re-seller is I was hoodwinked.

Daniel Duffeee was a great (grate) help in this. Thank you.

Link sent me pics of his gun (no calls). His gun is
100% right on.
Looks like it is from the wire frame out of the game. Cool.

As for selling price my stuff. As a re-seller I add 30% to 50% to the stuff.
He makes it, so it it should be less.

I very dyslexic and do not type well ether as you all bring up. I do what I can with what I got.
Get over it.

You all Have fun with H3 tonight.
R o b e r t W e s t e r f i e l d "

Chazodude said:
thanks for telling us this. it has bbeen interesting seeing the events unfold.

Hey I'm new here and have been reading most of the past threads. Just watching this whole episode, and how people have reacted reminds me of the Clone boards. We lost a couple great artists because their work looked similar to others (I mean they are making the same helmet) and instead of waiting and getting all the facts, people had to open their trap and blast the guy about him maybe recasting something. Those awesome artists showed us pics of their work in progress to prove they made it, and left, never to offer their work to us. I know this isn't the same type of case, but you need to take a Prozac and relax when stuff like this happens. Take your time and privately get to the bottom of the information. If there is a clear case of recast, then publicly call that person out. Otherwise, if you publicly blast someone, I think you should publicly apologize if proven wrong. I'm glad to see the enthusiasm the members here have for this great costume, and I am looking forward to finishing mine soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chazodude said:
thanks for telling us this. it has bbeen interesting seeing the events unfold.
I told every one that e-mailed me. I to am in the 501 and know how this was going to go. I never posted on the 405 boards for that resin. You all here make some cool stuff have fun with. I do it as a job. I am way slow can't see and am older but I still have fun I think that is the point. Mike and the rest of my team do not offer to sell any thing here (as far as I know) Just so we would not butt heads. We are we all in this together. Sorry for the drama. I like the (bbeen) LOL

Rob

smilie120 said:
Im confused :S, so... Thes guns you didnt recast them? You got them of someone else? or....
Yep you got it.

Thanks for clarifying that.
The only thing I don't get is why you put quotes at the beginning of what you say?

Well we were all immediately under the assumption that they where recasts; and with the price of them being a fraction of Links it made that reasonable to believe. However, I guess thats what we all get for "assuming"
Assume= "ass" out of "u" and "me"
So sorry about all that ruff there rob! Hopefully this can just end and we can all get on with what we do.

Rob,

First off let me say that I'm very very happy to see you here. As one of the Pro shops in this hobby/business it really gives me alot of hope for the future and what we can accomplish together. Thank you for taking the initiave to post some messages back to us.

Next off I would like to humbly appologise for the actions of some of our members here. Honestly we don't have much control over what they do outside the bounds of our website, and I think a few of the, went far, too far. Link and I and most of the members here didn't sanction any such attack.. We may have propagated the knowlege of the recasts, but until things became clearer as to their source we were just fearing the worst.

I know you were looking for a one-on-one conversation with him as per your dyslexia, and I appologise that didn't happen. We are alsmost exclusively an online community. We don't really do much telephone correspondence here.. just with people that we really know that we can trust personally. It's a little odd, I know, but the forum is our main form of communication. Phone calls are a bit more challenging when you're cold-calling someone you don't know. If I can speak freely I would like to pipe up for Link. The work that Link does speaks for itself... the man is a master prop builder.. as are you. The thing I've noticed most about Link is that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for the work that he's doing, and doesn't ask for it.. but he does get alot of unwarranted abuse from the recast community. I can respect that he's kinda a personal guy, and gets harassed by people just for the caliber of work that he's doing. Just recently some fellas from the UK held his Assault Rifle hostage in a dispute with Adam.. which makes no sense however you look at it, because it's not like they're business partners... just friends on this board. In any way you look at it, it was a difficult event, and may have shaken our foundation enough to cause some far-reaching alarm. I fear that you may have been harassed as a result of backlash on our site because of that ugly dispute..

Regardless, We don't have any beef with you... just the guys that sold those pistols at Dragoncon. A sublte difference that some of our members didn't clearly understand. I'm truly sorry that they harassed you the way that they did. It was unwarranted and unconscionalbe.

I have nothing but respect for the work that you are doing, and have referred many people to your website for armor. I hope that we can all grow past this and learn to look at it as a misunderstanding between enthusiasts on different sides of the profession.

After all the mission of this site is to unite Halo armor makers... not to divide them. Our cause is all the closer when we can function together as a community and see past our differences, especially when we are pitted against one another by unscrupulous opportunists like CoolModels..

Thanks for your time, and hope to see you when you can.

Respectfully,

-Sean Bradley

Sean is right. Not all of our members were present at Dragon*Con, and didn't know that someone else sold them to you. Myself included, we thought YOU bought them and recasted them.

Sean Bradley said:
Rob,

First off let me say that I'm very very happy to see you here. As one of the Pro shops in this hobby/business it really gives me alot of hope for the future and what we can accomplish together. Thank you for taking the initiave to post some messages back to us.

Next off I would like to humbly appologise for the actions of some of our members here. Honestly we don't have much control over what they do outside the bounds of our website, and I think a few of the, went far, too far. Link and I and most of the members here didn't sanction any such attack.. We may have propagated the knowlege of the recasts, but until things became clearer as to their source we were just fearing the worst.

I know you were looking for a one-on-one conversation with him as per your dyslexia, and I appologise that didn't happen. We are alsmost exclusively an online community. We don't really do much telephone correspondence here.. just with people that we really know that we can trust personally. It's a little odd, I know, but the forum is our main form of communication. Phone calls are a bit more challenging when you're cold-calling someone you don't know. If I can speak freely I would like to pipe up for Link. The work that Link does speaks for itself... the man is a master prop builder.. as are you. The thing I've noticed most about Link is that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for the work that he's doing, and doesn't ask for it.. but he does get alot of unwarranted abuse from the recast community. I can respect that he's kinda a personal guy, and gets harassed by people just for the caliber of work that he's doing. Just recently some fellas from the UK held his Assault Rifle hostage in a dispute with Adam.. which makes no sense however you look at it, because it's not like they're business partners... just friends on this board. In any way you look at it, it was a difficult event, and may have shaken our foundation enough to cause some far-reaching alarm. I fear that you may have been harassed as a result of backlash on our site because of that ugly dispute..

Regardless, We don't have any beef with you... just the guys that sold those pistols at Dragoncon. A sublte difference that some of our members didn't clearly understand. I'm truly sorry that they harassed you the way that they did. It was unwarranted and unconscionalbe.

I have nothing but respect for the work that you are doing, and have referred many people to your website for armor. I hope that we can all grow past this and learn to look at it as a misunderstanding between enthusiasts on different sides of the profession.

After all the mission of this site is to unite Halo armor makers... not to divide them. Our cause is all the closer when we can function together as a community and see past our differences, especially when we are pitted against one another by unscrupulous opportunists like CoolModels..

Thanks for your time, and hope to see you when you can.

Respectfully,

-Sean Bradley
Thanks... That was a cool post. : ) I have seen you all grow from day 1 but I never posted here because that in ALL gropes 501 405 SCA LARP WWII this happens. No fault to any one, it is grope thing and it will happen all the time. I am in 12 costume Clubs and am joining the 76th Brown-Coats next. I dress in what ever for that week end, and make armor all week long. I am happy with that, Thank you for the invite But I will let you all be most of you go to my web site and know what I do and know how slow I do it. I if you all need anything ask me 727-523-1151 or rob@steeldreams.net (HAA a voided the recaster name change, I hope you stop that...) and I will do what I can. Do not post here Looking for me I will not see it. You are a good bunch. Have fun and get a Sergeant of Arms to deal with this next time, For there well be a next time. I am hot headed and go for the fight... I have moved on from this one, Link you do good work! Keep it up!

?When do we think we will see the first re-cast of the H3 helmets?

Thank for not setting the shop on fire: )

Robert B. Westerfield Jr (Re-seller)
Westerfield Studios
westerfieldstudios.com
I prof read it and spell checked

Ares said:
Sean is right. Not all of our members were present at Dragon*Con, and didn't know that someone else sold them to you. Myself included, we thought YOU bought them and recasted them.

I'm in the same boat as Ares here. Didn't go to Dragon*Con, only saw that someone had picked up one of these from there, and thought you had molded/recasted them. As I've grown fond of saying, assumptions can be a bad thing, as it was in this case.

Like Sean said, I'm pleased to see you stopped by to explain things and clear up this whole situation. That was a very honourable and upstanding thing to do; not everyone would. I have seen your work before (both on eBay and on your website) and you do good work, imho.

I'm certain we can all put this behind us (I know I already have) and continue to admire one another's work. Aside from the few questionable individuals in this hobby, we are all in this for the love of the hobby, and sharing our knowledge and accomplishments with one another.

So, let's keep going on the positive ;)

Anyway, just wanted to say my piece, and I have. This is SPARTAN II, signing off... *snaps crisp salute*

I can understand the feeling Rob has. I work w/ Mardon L. Callanta (MLC) to produce Boba Fett gear. When we first put out Mardon's stuff some 5 years ago on TDH, we were immeadiately hit w/ the "recaster" label by some of the existing prop makers as well as members of the forum. I got phone calls at home, nasty PM's etc. It was all resolved, apolgies posted, etc. but to this day, Mardon does a complete step by step w/ pics of the entire process from beginning to final product. Mardon makes his stuff out of cardstock, scaling them up pretty darn accurately, then making the master mold from it and casting it in fiberglass. Mardon now enjoys an excellent reputation in the Fett world and everyone is happy! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back