South Uk Based Master Chief Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is amazing stuff, the best clay work i have seen in a while. Just cant wait to see how this looks when finished.

also sevv, are you going to collectomania milton keynes in may? id love to see some of these in person and maybe see if theyd fit me, then i can give you lots of money and were both happy :) I will be going to collectomania as a Mandalorian, as part of the mando mercs uk clan.

Thanks :) I normally go to most of these events. Whilst I can't say i'll definatly be going yet, it's a strong possibilty. I'll let you know closer to the time. If I did go I'd bring my MC pieces yeah.

Quartermain3000 said:
That's sweet... wish I knew how to sculp cool things like that. :(

Sevv's (and company) work seriously makes you want to learn, doesn't it? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update...

Ive been mad busy the last few weeks trying to get the legs moulded and fiberglassed to take to Memorabilia in Birmingham UK on Saturday. I did manage it :) Because I only had friday afternoon to fiberglass I did a really bad job of it lol... thin, air bubbles... but I just wanted something to bring along and show the UKG guys. So in the below photos please ignore the quality of the fiberglass. It will be much much! better when I take the time to do it properly.

Im happy to say it fit everyone who tried it on on Saturday, big relief! It fits really well. :D about 6 people tried it ranging from 6ft to 6ft 5.

I quickly taped it over my jeans for these pictures... really rough but you get the general idea. Ill get it properly fit in a few weeks time.

mctestfit1.jpg

mctestfit2.jpg

mctestfit3.jpg

mctestfit4.jpg

mctestfit5.jpg

mctestfit6.jpg

Yes im skinny, yes I need some muscles :)

Im going to have a few days rest this week, nearly killed myself over the last month. Ill start the hand plate and helmet over the Easter weekend... get a head / hand cast made... cant wait!

Hope you like it.

Sevv said:
Hope you like it.

I do! Really clean work. Just outstanding.

Any chance of maybe seeing a bit of your molds? It's a field I'd really like to break into, and I'm just trying to familiarize myself with methods of those who not only know what they're doing, but are exceptional at it.

Nice to see others from the UK holding the flag :)

Epic sculpting!

What products did you use the mould, cast etc etc yaddar yaddar.

Cheers guys

Right after id cast those pieces we had a major tidy up and packed the moulds away. So sorry I dont have any pictures of the moulds :( Its all for a good cause though as it now gives me the space to work on the rest of the costume :)

Saying that my method is almost identical to Master Cheezes thread he posted a while back so they looked very similar to his moulds. When I get them out to do a proper fiberglassing job ill post some pics.

I finished my hand cast last night, a nice small piece to work on after the leg sculpt :) We will be doing a head cast over the Easter weekend... going to work on both the hand plate and helmet at the same time.

sevv this is a masterpiece, looking awsome, as with your other pieces on your website

you using the easycast polyester resin??

keep it up

Wow this is totally amazing dude, never thought I would see a whole suit made from clay. May I ask how you smooth the clay? I ask this because I hope to start a clay helmet soon.

Thanks! :)

tarchinoko said:
Wow this is totally amazing dude, never thought I would see a whole suit made from clay. May I ask how you smooth the clay? I ask this because I hope to start a clay helmet soon.

Thanks! :)

I know you have to use a solevent, and rube used alcohol when embedding Lee Kegan's BR in oil-based clay. Aside from that, I'm clueless. Great job Sevv!

Cheers guys!

We use 2 methods to smooth the clay. We use a lot of metal scrappers, keep scraping over the same spot from different directions again and again and again. Running your hands over the curve/surface to notice imperfections and problems.. more clay and more scrapping. Work the surfaces and the edges will fix themselves. Once your happy youve taken that method as far as it can go, we very lightly sponge (not brush) on a layer of White Spirit. This has the effect of melting the very top layer of clay smoothing it out more. Id only recommend doing this once you are happy with your sculpt.

Some more pictures, weve started on the hand plate and helmet sculpt. We did a head cast over the Easter weekend, as we arnt doing a prosthetic only a rough cast is needed... so we once again used plaster bandages. Ive got a big head and I really want a good fit, we needed to know my jaw line, the fat part of the scalp etc so this seemed the best method.

mcheadmould1.jpg

mcbuild50.jpg

mcbuild51.jpg

More pics soon!

OH MY GOD just outstanding. Just one question: Did you fiberglass the outside? because the legs look different and look less detailed then how they looked before you put them on.

i think its the thickness, and the colour, its kinda seethrough and dull, so the sharp details dont really show up well.

A quick layer of paint and u would see how detailed it is.

Sevv said:

Do you gelcoat your molds before fiberglassing, or just a thin coat of resin brushed in as a first layer?

As others have said, outstanding work. Really looking forward to seeing you tackle the helmet sculpt.

*whistles* Niiiice legs...I mean.... :eek Great Sculpt!

It is really cool to see a suit actual sculpted from the ground up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back