Space Marine Pep Models (update Post #29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No word yet from any of the unfolders. I would do it myself, but do not have full pep and no money to get it (spent what I had on 5th ed rulebook and the new kingdom hearts game).

I can tell you that the bolter is now in pieces and can be made as a bolter, bolt pistol, or combi weapon!

TrintLord said:
No word yet from any of the unfolders. I would do it myself, but do not have full pep and no money to get it (spent what I had on 5th ed rulebook and the new kingdom hearts game).

I can tell you that the bolter is now in pieces and can be made as a bolter, bolt pistol, or combi weapon!
Yea, sorry I havent made any progress yet. = )
Been a little busy with school and track, so sometimes I just dont get the time. - Ice

Last edited by a moderator:
That's looking pretty good, Great Job Guys! :) I'll have to download those when I get home. So many Pep files out there, so little time!

I wonder how long before we see one of us wearing this to a con?

DoW2 is my date to finish some basic marine armor. I plan to go Blood Ravens Chapter on color, at least for release.

Captain Shrike just finished the Corvus helm on L40K. Here: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Legions_of_40K/topic/880473/1/
Check the bottom.

I found a story about a group of marines that went to gamesday 08, supposedly one was in a working dreadnought, but I have yet to find pictures, so....yeah.

I am thinking of making the full suit of SM armor and leave as is. That way people can print it and use them more as a base for what they want than as is. Seeing as how there are thousands of armor types.

Any updates?
trintlord, you really think you'll be able to finish it in time for DOW2? id like to myself, but the way im going that may not happen.
also, any chance of a pep file for this helmet:
Untitled-1.jpg

sorry i could find any better pictures, but it would be a much easier build than the others with the tricky mouth-piece.

no, probably not by DOW2 unless I do nothing else....

as for helms I may just stick to what there is, I want to try and finish the other parts of the suit instead of having 800000000 helmet variants.

p_00077.jpg

Yep, it sure is your helmet. I'm just in the bondo/mud/spot putty process and it still needs alot more. What I've sanded so far is smooth as baby butt tho :D. I hope I'm making you and your model proud.

Is this the original version? I notice the ears are bigger.

Very nice so far, though looks like some detail was lost in the mouth.

TrintLord said:
Is this the original version? I notice the ears are bigger.

Very nice so far, though looks like some detail was lost in the mouth.
It's the version you have on the front page and which details are you refering to? I' hadn't done much with the mouth yet except tape the grill.

is looking great.. i cant wait to start mine but gonna do a master cheif first and dont want to satrt too much at once... lol

look forward to seeing it finished! :)

Thought the grills and all had been covered in glass.

For "visors" in the eyes go to a local hobby store like micheals or hobby lobby and grab some plastic paneling for framing or some colored pvc sheets. They bend easily, though they are clear both ways.

I am an advocate of Warhammer 40k myself, I play the actual board game. I don't know about you guys, I am more of an Eldar person myself, but I might try this after I have my ODST done for the new Halo release, but I work outrageously slow so I don't know about it. But it looks like it is coming along nicely. Excellent sanding work, looks very smooth.

Dr PoopAndScoop said:
I am an advocate of Warhammer 40k myself, I play the actual board game. I don't know about you guys, I am more of an Eldar person myself, but I might try this after I have my ODST done for the new Halo release, but I work outrageously slow so I don't know about it. But it looks like it is coming along nicely. Excellent sanding work, looks very smooth.

wait.

there is a board game? are you talkign abtou the tabletop game or spacehulk? or is there something new?

Jax Archillies said:
wait.

there is a board game? are you talkign abtou the tabletop game or spacehulk? or is there something new?

The tabletop game, my bad. I didn't mean to confuse you. I play the games workshop game. I've never heard of 'spacehulk' but you just walk into the big store that says games workshop. You know?

Didn't want to actually post the image, but this kind of thing.

never seen an actual games workshop store.

space hulk pre-dates warhammer 40k i think, or its most likely an off shoot.

its ONLY involvesd terminators and genestealers.

its cool. the game comes with various hallway and room peices that you lay on the table (or a GM who plays the part of the genestealers) in a fashion that coresponds with a map and scenario the book lays out or a predesigned on.

towards the end of high school, we started changing the rules in a way that allowed orks and other greastures and or other types of marines, to make the scenarios cooler or harder.

kinda cool actually. necron vs. genestealers dont actually win all the time.

there was a squad based video game on the PC back in 1994 or 1995. use a ton of memory at the time and needed about 750megs of staorage, and at the time where i only knew one person with one gig of storage, that was alot.

Jax Archillies said:
never seen an actual games workshop store.

space hulk pre-dates warhammer 40k i think, or its most likely an off shoot.

its ONLY involvesd terminators and genestealers.

its cool. the game comes with various hallway and room peices that you lay on the table (or a GM who plays the part of the genestealers) in a fashion that coresponds with a map and scenario the book lays out or a predesigned on.

towards the end of high school, we started changing the rules in a way that allowed orks and other greastures and or other types of marines, to make the scenarios cooler or harder.

kinda cool actually. necron vs. genestealers dont actually win all the time.

there was a squad based video game on the PC back in 1994 or 1995. use a ton of memory at the time and needed about 750megs of staorage, and at the time where i only knew one person with one gig of storage, that was alot.

i dont think spacehulk predates 40k,
going on memory here, i think it was "Rouge trader" first (basically warhammer40k 1st edition) (came out in 87)
spacehulk came out in 1989(ish)
and my favorite, space Crusade, came out in 1990 (space crusade, is basically a bigger version of spacehulk, only instead of terminators vrs stealers, it was 1-3 (or 4 was it?) squads of marines vrs various threats (included in the box are stealers, gretchin, ork boyz, chaosmarines, chaos ANDROIDS (the first necron sculpts) , and a dreadnaught

there were some expansions to both, although space crusade itself was apperntly never made commercially aviable in the US (i aquired a copy from a friend in the Uk)

of minor intrest, space crusade were released in a cooperative venture with Milton Bradley, a mistake that gamesworkshop actually learned from and has yet to repeat

edit, the 40k that we 'know and love", has its real roots in the changeover in ruls from 40k 2nd ed, to 3rd ed which happened in 98 or so, the rules were made simpler, emphisis in speical characters were lessened, and "equipment cards' went away all together

edit2; sorry about that ramble, im just a huge warhammer nerd :) however becuase of that, i do have access to some pretty old/forgotten stuff, so if anyone needs source pics from older editions, i might have stuff, its neat to sometimes drag out older books, and see how much the artwork and 'theme' of the grim-dark univerese ha changed over the years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back