Spartan 405's Pep Helmet in Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sigh of relief*
Good your Bondo lookes just like mine does prior to sanding, my parts should be okay now.
What i mean is my bondo is all smeared around and not level at first to, so this is good.

-Justin

NZ-TK said:
Hey
great progress so far, Ive noticed your bondo application is a tad rough though, a little trick I use is once you have it all on the area you're bogging, keep a glass of water beside you, when the bog is just starting to set up, dip your finger in the water and run it over the surface (wearing a vinyl/latex glove of course) you can smooth out a lot of the bog and save yourself a lot of sanding, when its applied a bit lumpy, you end up sanding so much more off which is a bit of a waste of product.

THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! I'm Trying it tommorow after christmas shopping.
Thanks

-Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, usually the pictures of finished products with bondo on them are smoothed out through sanding. If someone can make something amazingly smooth with bondo I will buy plane tickets and kiss him on the feet.

If someone can make something amazingly smooth with bondo I will buy plane tickets and kiss him on the feet.

Well, I guess you'll be visiting New Zealand soon then :) this is a friends (and fellow op42 garrison trooper) project, smoothed with bondo and, imo one of the best examples of a pepakura based helmet Ive seen here.
I can has recon?

Lol, I made a mistake I meant when you first apply it when its not dry yet. Obviously with sanding you can get it super smooth

SPARTAN405 said:
New Update!!! 12-15-07
New update for tonight. Its kinda old now but I added some more bondo to some areas that were recessed that werent supposed to be. This is getting really satisfying. The right side of the helmet had recessed down a little bit and with some more bondo body filler, it will really come back into shape. Also up are pictures of my newly made boba fett helmet. It uses plans I found on TDH.

With the amount of work I have made for myself on my MC helmet I really have about 50% more to go. I have to detail with bondo most of the time, then SAND SAND SAND, Fill in any dents or imperfections, then Sand again, mold and paint. Trust me guys this will look good in the end. I know it looks horrible right now.

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

You can see that the back/ bottom part is a little bit deformed but with more bondo in that area it will look like nothing has happened to it.
DSC01931.jpg

Details to come tomorow after I come home from fishing.
DSC01935.jpg

Here is my mando helmet

ok i like the helmet and all but please tell me that visor is not really in the helmet? or was what you said about photoshop fun meaning that you added the visor by using photoshop hehe.
aside from that note! keep up the good work.
DSC01930.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

All my helmets still have alot more work to do. But im guessing they will be done by my birthday next month (Jan 5)
And some photoshop fun
DSC01924.jpg

Well its been raining here for a few days and I just cannot get my camera to work. I left my bondo in los angeles, along with my molding supplies :rolleyes

Talk about bad luck!

Its all smoothed out now however .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back