Spartan Bike Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulphane

Ok, i was at school telling all my friends that i was going ot make a Master Chief helmet soon, and then it struck me that it would make a pretty cool bike helmet, and seeing as my old one is too small now anyways.... :p
I would be using JediFraz' helmet model from FeizzleFrys thread, and would like your opinions on the best way to go about makeing it into a bike helmet ^^

Sounds like a cool idea,,

Although I'm not sure how safe the helmet would be... maybe not the best safety-wise, but still, you'd feel pretty badass in it!

I'd stick to just making armour if I was you...your friends will be jelous! :]

Well if you wanted to make it simple could just scale it to a Spaceballs-esque size and put it over your helmet but I wouldn't resin the inside. sounds like a nightmare if you crashed and all that stuff got jammed into your face. maybe some expanding foam on the inside and bondo on the outside

A costume helmet won't really protect your head very well, but it does look pretty badass. Talk to Doc' Bytes about how he's used his as a moto-helm occasionally. That should give you an idea of the do's and don't's.

Sigma-LS said:
A costume helmet won't really protect your head very well, but it does look pretty badass. Talk to Doc' Bytes about how he's used his as a moto-helm occasionally. That should give you an idea of the do's and don't's.
Actually, if you make a strong cast, it could give you a same level of protection as a bycicle helmet.
Allthough not recomended.

I do also 'ocassionally' use it as my scooter helmet.

-FSS

PS. it's not illegal... (unless your bike has an 'engine')

Last edited by a moderator:
Finnish_Spartan said:
Actually, if you make a strong cast, it could give you a same level of protection as a bycicle helmet.
Allthough not recomended.

I do also 'ocassionally' use it as my scooter helmet.

-FSS

PS. it's not illegal... (unless your bike has an 'engine')
Cool, I think I may just have to try it (eventually) ;).

It might be easier to mod an actual helmet into a spartan one, instead of the other way around. i could most certainly seeing it happen with like an EOD helm.

or maybe artistically doing the details on a motorcycle helmet.

I believe that helmets have several layers to them in order to compensate for a variety of impact strengths. In my ski helmet I know there's the outer shell, a dense layer, a lighter layer then all the head padding. That's all that would worry me is that you didn't get it safe for all types of impact.

yea didnt think about that but what you could also do is add those layers to the inside instead of casting it and make the helmet bigger than normal and just find a replacement for the shock padding on the inside

helmets are also shaped smothly so your neck is not injured in an accident,
I was thinking about making foam add ons for one of my motorcycle helmets to shape it to master chief, but its probably a bad idea no mater how soft the material is.

box o crayons said:
i would see what kind of plastic they use to make bycicle helmets and cast it out of that
Bycicle helmets are actually made out of some type of a foam.
The foam itself is not the thing wich keeps your head safe, the form of the helmet is designed to protect your head.
Usually during bad crashes, the helmet will crack to give more protection.

-FSS

Use a fullface bmx bike helmet. You can modify it with cardboard and some bondo and have a nice spartan helmet if you take your time. You can even get a gold visor for it if you like.

tlither said:
Use a fullface bmx bike helmet. You can modify it with cardboard and some bondo and have a nice spartan helmet if you take your time. You can even get a gold visor for it if you like.
That will look nice, but the result will still be HUGE.
But what is the point of having a helmet anyways, i never used one...

-FSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back