spartan helmet

do you think that making it high teck is a cool and fun idea?

  • yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan k77

New Member
i am working on a custom prototype armor and i was looking to buy an already made master chief helmet. if anyone knows or is selling one i really need one. one of the things i was planing on doing was to put some cameras in it with a radio to make it more realistic. i thought of this 3 mounts before 19 of my friends were going out for a 7 day air soft war and i wanted my team to be as high teck as possible.
 

hapakid88

Active Member
uh...well. read around in the classifieds. one of our members just put a helmet up on ebay you might wanna have a go at that. but be ready to spend well over $150. just out of curiosity what type of camera areyou thinking about mounting and where? also why? (please note im not tryin to be mean im just intrigued)
 

Adam

Community Founder
it'd be really cool for point of view camera angles, but it is not going to be used as a safety device for airsoft or paintball. Unless you want to die.
 

spartan k77

New Member
hapakid88 said:
uh...well. read around in the classifieds. one of our members just put a helmet up on ebay you might wanna have a go at that. but be ready to spend well over $150. just out of curiosity what type of camera areyou thinking about mounting and where? also why? (please note im not tryin to be mean im just intrigued)

ok i will check that out and i am probably going to use one of thoughts wired mini inferred cameras and take it apart so that it will fit in the flashlight part of the helmet. the reason that i am going to use the cameras is so that i can see at night.. the only reason that i want a helmet is because i have tried numerous times and i have never got i the helmet to be what i want to look like. but i have made all of the blueprints and do have all the parts except for the helmet. for the radio i am going to take a part a small walkie talkie. it does end sound as cool now but when it is done it will be awsome. it will have sencers and 6 cameras.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BenStreeper

Well-Known Member
spartan k77 said:
hapakid88 said:
uh...well. read around in the classifieds. one of our members just put a helmet up on ebay you might wanna have a go at that. but be ready to spend well over $150. just out of curiosity what type of camera areyou thinking about mounting and where? also why? (please note im not tryin to be mean im just intrigued)

ok i will check that out and i am probably going to use one of thoughts wired mini inferred cameras and take it apart so that it will fit in the flashlight part of the helmet. the reason that i am going to use the cameras is so that i can see at night.. the only reason that i want a helmet is because i have tried numerous times and i have never got i the helmet to be what i want to look like. but i have made all of the blueprints and do have all the parts except for the helmet. for the radio i am going to take a part a small walkie talkie. it does end sound as cool now but when it is done it will be awsome. it will have sencers and 6 cameras.
well you can always just check the people who have "Supplier: Yes" under their avatar. I'm almost positive on of those guys would sell you a helmet if you pm them *hint* *hint*
<---- ;-)
<---- ;-)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

kilo64

New Member
not ideal for airsoft great for costuming. I mean unless you feel like getting your eyes shot out then be my guest. Not trying to be an ass and crush your dreams here buddy but wearing a MC helmet for airsoft or paintball is just dangerous or not ideal unless you wear ansi rated goggles underneath which will not be ideal since you will fog out before you shoot. Its certainly a interesting idea but the direction that you are taking is completely not ideal.
 

hapakid88

Active Member
ummm not entirely true kilo. actually wearing an MC helmet w/a moto visor (which almost all have) is incredibly safe.
 

Darth Malevelus

Active Member
I know what can happen in paint ball, and seeing the bruises coming back from the matches, I would say, I dont think it would MC's image any good being in the costume and getting wasted. Unless specially designed, the costume would hinder your ability to move, make your a larger target to hit, and with the level of sweatng your be doing youd need 4 or 5 fans in that bucket to keep you cool, and with out a fogged up lens.

However, the motorcycle face shieild might protect you from the paint balls on direct hits, I wouldnt trust it. I mean I havent paid attention but isnt a paint ball like .50 caliber? and whats the feet per second on them? Sheesh!

Like the poll said If you wanted to make a high tech mask and armor that would be cool! But I think for paint balling it would be more work than its worth. LOL
JMHO
 

spartan k77

New Member
hapakid88 said:
ummm not entirely true kilo. actually wearing an MC helmet w/a moto visor (which almost all have) is incredibly safe.
the visor is going to be on it
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Frizzlefry

Active Member
In my opinion, either way it's risky. You are looking at spending however much money on a helmet / armor, modding it, and then wearing it and risking it could be destroyed and then all that time / money goes to waste at the speed of a bullet.
 

kilo64

New Member
paintballs are .68 cal and field limits are 290fps (Feet per second) BBs range from .20's to .25's (majority used in games) and they can range anywhere from 280fps to 500fps. I was just at a game this sunday (OP SULU STORM) down here in the North East and we had an issue with a hot gun shattering someone else's shooting glasses. A motorcycle visor was not built for paintball soo testings are completely different. It could probably take a direct hit or two but I won't count on it lasting long. And finally you could be safe with a motorcycle visor. Thats only if you reinforce the mounts on it orelse you'll have the whole visor pancaked to your face which I'm pretty sure you won't want. If you want a practical idea for paintball or airsoft or any other milsim games that you play you would want something light , comfortable and not get in the way. It may look cool and all but I can tell you now. If you think being MC in airsoft or paintball is intimidating I will tell you now that if I saw someone in a suit of armor running around on the field the first objective would be to light that sucker up :D . Good luck on your project. But this is just my 2 cents. If you need help on anything gadgety or cams and whatnot just send me a message.
 

spartan k77

New Member
Frizzlefry said:
In my opinion, either way it's risky. You are looking at spending however much money on a helmet / armor, modding it, and then wearing it and risking it could be destroyed and then all that time / money goes to waste at the speed of a bullet.

i did think about it and i don't think that i will use it for the paintball and airsoft wars.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Damien

Well-Known Member
well if you only want to airsoft, you can make an aliens marines helm. it has a "camera" and a eyepiece
 

Sigma LS

Sr Member
I modified my War armor to work for airsoft, check the Helmet types and comparisons thread.

It was a pretty wasted effort as it still got the hell beat out of it, paintball would be suicide for your armor.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top