Spartan Iii Spi Armor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hlomaster55 said:
Wow, those are some nice Reference Pictures!

The only problem is that some of the pieces look connected, like the gauntlet and leg pieces. The only way that I could connect them is by using the underarmor trick to make the joints more flexible. Besides that I think that this would be pretty easy to make out of cardboard. (a lot of smooth places.)

Well, I think those first 2 pics were fanarts.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only issue is one that i suspect most of you agree with me on.

we don't really know what it looks like. if you can find a more detailed published pic you can work with, go for it!
but to me, building a suit off of one published several "concept" and a few fanfic, not a good idea. simply because in my opinion, would you really be able to call it SPI armor? the published pics don't seem to have enough to go off of to me. the concept doesn't have the details the cover shot has, and the cover shot doesn't show it all. and fanfic is simply the imagined image of a fan. not true SPI armor, the pics don't match up with each other.

I say if anyone wants to go for making the first attempt at SPI armor go for it. I think it would be interesting to see what it would turn out looking like. For some reason I really like the forearm and hand pieces and might attempt at making them. I would have to agree with Anubis117 a little though because the armor would not be exact. Other than that I say why not?

I suppose you are right, but there has only been one 'official' photo that has been released. I read some where that Eric Nylund didnt want to release the other pictures/art of the SPI armor,dont know why.

Here are some other pictures that ive found, Unfortunately all fan art. . .

must say the drawing is pretty crappy interpretation (sorry if this offended anyone)

Nahhh, it's OK, the more the marrier! I'm going to need as much "fan art" as possible. Maybe blend all of those ideas together, and come out with a semi-decent suit.

I would love to see this suit in real life, that way while the spartan II are giving suppressive fire the spartan IIIs can sneak around the enemy and kill the enemy sentinels.

Lol. I want to know, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to wait till its done.

Ok... I'll Tell.

When it's done :p

*It has something to do with the letters in this sentence*. Don't post, PM me and we'll see if you think you have the right awnser.

Fun little teaser of what ive been up to:

spartan3model.jpg

yeah blender is a slick program easy to learn if you have some background knowledge in 3d modeling but the model got a long way for me to be happy with it

Spartan 051 said:
Fun little teaser of what ive been up to:

spartan3model.jpg

Thats freaking AWESOME!
Will you make a whole suit?
Maybe you can use the art of halo 3 SPI image for the body

Shade said:
You deserve to be happy with it. ;)
Im a perfectionist so never happy with anything i always see the little things but yeah im happy with the over all picture and its the second model done with blender

Glennz said:
Thats freaking AWESOME!
Will you make a whole suit?
Maybe you can use the art of halo 3 SPI image for the body

if an artist can clean up the drawings and have it with out the perspective ill try my best at it

:eek: Oh My. . .

I am not worthy!

Thank you so much for starting this! Im sure this will be excellent when you've finished. you will make ALOT of people busy!

Im guessing it will be pep? If so please please Can there be a PDF file because, unfortunately, i am a mac.

Keep up the gooood work Spartan 051 and if anyone else has anything amazing to add to this thread, you are free to do so!

by the way,i know exactly what you mean by perfectionist, ive just spent about two hours drawing up a storyboard for my homework and i'm only on the second box.

SPARTAN110 said:
:eek: Oh My. . .

I am not worthy!

Thank you so much for starting this! Im sure this will be excellent when you've finished. you will make ALOT of people busy!

Im guessing it will be pep? If so please please Can there be a PDF file because, unfortunately, i am a mac.

yeah it will be turned into pep and yes there will be a pdf for use mac users

Ican't wait for some Spartan IIs and Spartan III fighting side by side. While ODSTs and marines are sniping a few hundred feet away. :cool:

I modeled the SPI helmet a few years back, I might have a few renders of it, But I doubt I have the actual files anymore. It was a bitch to do, I had quite a few issues with it.

Best of luck with yours.

-Doom

Spartan 051 said:
Amen to that doom there a few issues with mine that i cant get right with the pictures i got

Don't forget the images on the first page, they're the best of the pics i've submitted

oh here re two more for the hell of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back