Spase - Odst Helmet Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter Spase

Gone under silcone... just as you see it here. WIP (updated 10/24/08)

<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3290/2969802621_550ab8b9af_o.jpg" target="_blank">Click on the photo below for a large version.
2969802621_1d5c8389a8.jpg
</a>

Yet another ODST..... thought I would jump on this band wagon as well (actually did this for as a commission).

Built on a pep base... but more used as an armature for proportions than anything else. Sure beat using 20 lbs of clay. No Bondo, only clay layered on, and details sculpted on.

<a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2957570310_f3262bf6c4_o.jpg" target="_blank">Click on the photo below for a large version.
2958723550_3d871f4025.jpg
</a>

Wow Spase! Where are the pics of the pep? j/k That should turn out very nice with the work you've done before. Guess I'm gonna have to get me one sometime.

Looks great. I envy those of you who can take clay and shape it to produce these awesome sculpts. Great work. Are we gonna see the rest of the armor from you, Spase?

Sex on toast... that is plastic :D Great job as usual Spase, skillllllllllllz :D

Ohhh I see nerd food too, Zebra cakes, chocolate cakes and lays OMG!

Spase, looks awsome!

Cant wait to see how it turns out fully, I dont think I can decide which looks better.. Spase's Helmet :unsure: or Link's Helmet.

Do you plan on doing a full armour set?

No Plans to do the full set of ODST armor right now...

I am doing this as a commissioned piece and need to finish (yeas its being molded, I can't very well wear a clay helmet). I also have a few other pieces and my ultimate pipe dream I'd like to get done (a studio scale Pelican -- notice I said pipe dream).

I have a lot of time in this helmet thats for sure, far more time than I put into my MK VI, and I am glad to say its turning out well and that everyone likes it.

There are some issues that I still have with it here and there, but I am taking some PMs and IMs about detail fixes so hopefully this thing will be game accurate... although there are a lot of things I have to say about game accurate. There really is a lot of detail, for the sake of detail in these helmets.

clay over pep. Good idea, simple yet effective, though you said it took longer than bondo.
Looks really good, nice detail, shape is good too. Looks it could use a bit of sanding and ready to wear.
Awesome time spent!

This piece is still in clay, my medium is white..... so sand clay? No. Most of what you see isn't shadows from non-smooth surfaces, its color variation in the clay picked up from two improvised tools. Yes it took longer than Bondo, but I am comparing the time spent to my MK VI helmet, and I put alot more time into this one....

There are no Plans to do the full set of ODST armor right now...

I am doing this as a commissioned piece and need to finish (yeas its being molded, I can't very well wear a clay helmet). I also have a few other pieces and my ultimate pipe dream I'd like to get done (a studio scale Pelican -- notice I said pipe dream).

I have a lot of time in this helmet thats for sure, far more time than I put into my MK VI, and I am glad to say its turning out well and that everyone likes it.

There are some issues that I still have with it here and there, but I am taking some PMs and IMs about detail fixes so hopefully this thing will be game accurate... although there are a lot of things I have to say about game accurate. There really is a lot of detail, for the sake of detail in these helmets.

i would have to agree with you there a SS pelican would be sweet

It would make a very interesting piece for the desk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back