Spiderman Mask help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5p3r

Hey guys i was not sure where i need to post this so i figured here would be ok for now. i am needing some help from someone who knows how to make mask templetes, i am doing the spiderman noir costume for Dragon Con this year and have no clue how to make the mask I found a guy who modeled an amazing render for SDCC modeling contest and thought about asking him if i could use his mask render for pep to use as the templet but dont know how about to do that, here is a pic of his mask.
spiderwip2-2.jpg

Any help would be great, im going to be making this out of leather and lyrca. here is also a lin to all his work http://leandropavanelli.wordpress.c...llenge-2010-–-“spider-man-noir”-final-images/.

and again any help would be awesome i just hope this does not go and get ignored like so many of my other threads

Ugh leatherwork, I did it, I still do it but I don't like it. Ok for the head your best option is to get a fiberglass, pvc or foamcore head. Now you will want to take printer paper or tracing paper and put it over the head in strips or pieces to make sure everything lines up use a small piece of tape to attach each strip of paper you put on the head. Now you have your pattern. Take each piece and sew it together look at the back side of a piece of clothing that will be how you want to sew the pieces together. Once you have it all sewn together, take waxed leather thread to sew across the top of the nearly finished mask to look like the mask you have in the photo there.
I would suggest a thin leather for the mask it will be easy to sew and will fit the head better over thicker leather which is used for things like bracers for example. It's much harder to explain how to make a mask with typing over doing it in person. One note the paper will have to overlap each other when you are making the pattern a little bit because you will need to sew which will take some measurements away if you don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back