Spidur's Armour Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
delta38 said:
Hey can i have some details of this store? I think i might use aqua resin on my armour and such. :)

that you can :)

http://www.bunyanfilms.com.au/aquaresin/aquaresinhp.html <--- price list for the Aqua Resin, the store is located in Nsw, and if you want to purchase any, it's best to either ring them in office hours, there phone number is on that webpage that i sent you, or inquire over email, the address is also on that website.

i recommend using aqua resin, it seems to do the job extremely well and doesn't have that strong smell that other resins do :p

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spidur @ Jan 21 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>that you can :)

http://www.bunyanfilms.com.au/aquaresin/aquaresinhp.html <--- price list for the Aqua Resin, the store is located in Nsw, and if you want to purchase any, it's best to either ring them in office hours, there phone number is on that webpage that i sent you, or inquire over email, the address is also on that website.

i recommend using aqua resin, it seems to do the job extremely well and doesn't have that strong smell that other resins do :p</div>
Thanks for this info mate! much apreciated :)
EDIT:
What did you get? lol.

delta38 said:
Thanks for this info mate! much apreciated :)
EDIT:
What did you get? lol.

I bought a trial kit, which got my helmet fully resined and fibreglassed. And i just bought some more resin off him 1.5kg and 2 M's of the surfacing veil 30mil.

I suggest for starters maybe getting a trial kit, so you can see what the resin is like, different people have different opinions mind you :p

Jessmo said:
Still coming along nicely!

cheers, i would be working on it right now, bar for the fact that it is way too hot outside, leading to the putty drying faster than i want it to, making it harder to apply :( but i think once nightfall comes i will be outside again working on it xD

Spidur said:
cheers, i would be working on it right now, bar for the fact that it is way too hot outside, leading to the putty drying faster than i want it to, making it harder to apply :( but i think once nightfall comes i will be outside again working on it xD
Oh god dude tell me about it! it's freaking hot as hell here!

delta38 said:
Oh god dude tell me about it! it's freaking hot as hell here!

yeah it's going to be like 33 here in canberra today, im thinking i might not get some work done on my helmet, like i wanted to :(
i guess there is always tomorrow, *fingers crossed that it cools down*

at rodlaver arena (how ever it's spelt) where the tennis is, it was 65 degrees in one of the corts!! that's crazy!!

delta38 said:
Thats like my brother. He moved over to Kalgoorlie last year to work in the mines for teh $$$$. I miss him...

fair enough, the mines are awesome though, you get so much money xD if i wasn't in uni i'd go over there and work lol

Attention all users.

I is back. Well i was here the whole time, though my halo armor progress was being affected by university and the amount of work that i have to do during the week and then go to my job at night. So the progress has been pretty slow. Until recently when i finally got my new xbox 360 and Started to play Halo wars which i recently purchased. playing Halo wars, made me want to do more on my armor, and well that is how i managed to finish off my gloves fully (although i still have an issue with the velcro i have and it falling off, might sew it onto the gloves ) and my helmet :) (still need to purchase visor for it, im thinking that i might only get a single visor since im not that rich :( )

but yeah, pics below, have fun :p
next item i will start to finish off will most likely be the biceps or i might do the chest, still yet to decide.

and who cya next time,
-spidur

DSC_0621.jpg

(all completed stuff so far)

DSC_0613.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

cheers, and most certainly will keep everyone up to date, it's just going to be a really slow process cause of uni :p

p.s. Im thinking once i get some more ink for my printer i might try and make the belt out of this polypropylene plastic sheet which i have to use for uni. it seems like it could be a really rigid yet light product to work with. if it works it'll save me a lot of money XD since a large sheet of 1.0 ml think polypropylene for me is around $13.50 for a large sheet of it :) i love getting stuff through the uni xD

(have used some of it to make a lamp cover for an industrial Design assessment for uni. we had to make an artistic lamp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back