Props Spike Greanade Prop Finished !

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylow

Jr Member
Here is my latest finished item since i finally got some time as well as a sneak peek at some other things ive got going on.Its made of all pvc with a faux leather wrap. Unfortunately (or fortunately however you look at it) i have to throw this up on eBay today to make some money to cast some of my other projects.

_DSC0022.jpg

_DSC0027.jpg

_DSC0028.jpg

I know its hard to let go of something you put so much effort into but i have so many things i need to cast that i need money for including ODST, Recon, Iron Man, and Reach Trooper helmets.

can we get a few tips on how to construct this piece

The way i Made it was i used varying sizes of pvc pipe for the body and filled in the seams with milliput ( self hardening epoxy ) the blades were cut from sheets of styrene plastic and i sanded the edges on both sides to scallop the edges like a knife then embedded them in the pipe using the same epoxy (this stage is in the first pic) . After that it was just some painting and the leather wrap.

The helmets in the background are almost done now as well thanks for the comments guys !

Wow! you should copy and sell more or give away! it would be awesome to go to comicon and have a few of those hanging from your belt

Wow! you should copy and sell more or give away! it would be awesome to go to comicon and have a few of those hanging from your belt

FYI. Please note the last post of this thread. This thread has been dead for 2 years. Unless it was revived by the originator, bringing dead post is strictly discouraged. This is called necro-posting and is against forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back