Spore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFDesigns

I've got the creature creator (the freeware) and it's pretty badass and limitless in what you can actually do with it. Is the actual game worth the $50.00?

In short.........IMO no. Its fun dont get me wrong, but it gets old quick. I played it at a friends, the first few stages are lame, when you walk on land its fun but very..........wierd.

Yeah, I got Spore Origins on my iPod Touch and it's sweet up until you get to a certain level, then you can't get any further with it cuz it's impossible to survive. But I think that the iPod game is the first few stages of the actual game. It does start to get lame quick when you can't pass on to the next level.

What ive been told it get really old quick because you have to create like each building and suck but ive told there alot of parts that really fun.

EDIT: but the creature creator is to much fun and when they have them installed in all the macs at the apple store you get these big screens to use

I've got it and played it right through to the space age but only once, didn't finish it and I got bored of it after that.

All of the levels are pretty much the same; create something, allie or conquer then repeat. That's pretty much it!

I got it to and the most fun stage are the more short and it pretty much always the same thing, so you get tired of it very quickly. I passed it to and the end is like WTF only that. It not worth buying it.

Pat

The "multiplayer" is only that you can exchange some creation with other people. I was really hoping for more.

Pat

antzombie said:
dont buy it, not worth it. Download it via torrent, much better way lol :)
Thats what I was going to do, hence me asking if single player was possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tater Mane said:
Thats what I was going to do, hence me asking if single player was possible.

yeah single player is all i did, it was really fun while i played it, played for a good 10-11 hours :)
downloading it is the way to go

Torrent it, otherwise it has DRM that steals the administrative power of your computer. Ironically, once you install Spore, many well-known anti virus softwares and computer maintenance softwares "just so happen" to stop working. Plus, EA can use your computer at any time, and even take files from your computer if they ever felt the need to. The DRM embeds itself into your computer's drives so that you can't delete it.

Luckily, many torrents of Spore don't have the DRM SecuRom, so if you get it illegally, you're safe. (Legal = Unsafe, Illegal = Safe? That's not usual. Great job, EA!)

I was given Spore as a gift. We had quite a bit of fun with it for a week. After that, I just didn't find myself playing it. I think it's due to the fact that while character creation is limitless, the evolution experience is not.

I've also found that the EA downloader (updater) is annoying. It tries to auto-update and run itself with no permission which I find very intrusive.

However, I'm not a fan of using torrents just to dodge a price tag...especially when the manufacturer has provided some free goodies already. I code all day, every day and I can sympathize with software designers who have their work distributed outside their control. Anyways...

So in summary, I'd stick with the free character creator until it drops to 25-30 bucks.

Vexona said:
So in summary, I'd stick with the free character creator until it drops to 25-30 bucks.

Good advice! :D I am gonna buy the creature add-ons pack for it though.

Vexona said:
However, I'm not a fan of using torrents just to dodge a price tag...especially when the manufacturer has provided some free goodies already. I code all day, every day and I can sympathize with software designers who have their work distributed outside their control.
I can see were your coming from but is the software designer paid by the studio not by sales?

I have it, and I've gotten kind of bored with it although Space stage is pretty fun with mods..

the new expansion pack coming out for it looks decent, so i'd wait for at least that to come out.

BFDesigns said:
Good advice! :D I am gonna buy the creature add-ons pack for it though.

OK! Have fun forever ruining your computers administrative powers! YAAAAAAY!

[/sarcasm]

Side Note: If you are even considering buying Spore, pirate it. Why? Because if you buy it legally, EA basically takes ownership of your computer's drives. Meanwhile, pirated copies have *gasp* no DRM!

I understand that people may not get the pay they want over at EA, but, hey, the only people really affected are the people who installed the DRM in the first place.

Oh, PS - For every Spore game sold legally, another is downloaded illegally. Ain't that wonderful?

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
OK! Have fun forever ruining your computers administrative powers! YAAAAAAY!

[/sarcasm]

Side Note: If you are even considering buying Spore, pirate it. Why? Because if you buy it legally, EA basically takes ownership of your computer's drives. Meanwhile, pirated copies have *gasp* no DRM!

I understand that people may not get the pay they want over at EA, but, hey, the only people really affected are the people who installed the DRM in the first place.

Oh, PS - For every Spore game sold legally, another is downloaded illegally. Ain't that wonderful?

The admin overwrite is easy to block as Vista always comes up and asks if EA can do what it wants to do on my computer. If at any time I feel that it's messing with me all I have to do is go in and manually clean out everything associated with the EA Download Manager. It's a pain in the ass, but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back