Start (literally) of a Chief's Infinite armour

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvelBeatsDC

Hi folks, so I am looking to start a build over the weekend, got most the foam (enough to start the helmet for sure) and the hardware needed.

Going to be my first ever build so I am getting to learn Pepakura, the templates etc.
I'm using the files from shaneDark515 and so far its all looking good, except one piece. Not sure if its just my being a noob and I am missing something obvious, but something looks off about this piece. ANy advice? I've looked to see if it's "grouped" and it isn't, just seems like a really odd shape?

1660136270425.png

The filenames imply they're designed for foam.
"Halo Infinite Mjolnir Helmet modeled by Stachmo III foam unfold by Foam Armory"
"Halo Infinite MC Torso - Foam" and so forth.

I could probably work out what to do with it, but just wanted to be sure so thought better to ask than just crack on and get it wrong :)

these pieces do look weird to me as being foam armor pieces usually they are not that small. Here's an example of a foam helmet I have saved.
the pieces are fairly larger compared to the skinny pieces you have. Not sure if this is just the file as I've never used it but it definitely just seems weird to me.

1660146179818.png

Piece is fine but both sides will need a 45 degree cut to make it a 90 degree connection. Granted you could probably pass on this piece and the helmet would look fine. but sometimes these pieces add more structure to how the whole helmet will contour together. it basically connects the bottom to the face of the helmet. Up to you in the end, since you are using foam, you can sometimes forgoe these edge pieces because the width of the foam is the exact size they want you to cut out.

these pieces do look weird to me as being foam armor pieces usually they are not that small. Here's an example of a foam helmet I have saved.
the pieces are fairly larger compared to the skinny pieces you have. Not sure if this is just the file as I've never used it but it definitely just seems weird to me.

View attachment 321663
I'm totally new to this so just trusted the files :D I know another user on the forums has used the same ones from the same person.

Piece is fine but both sides will need a 45 degree cut to make it a 90 degree connection. Granted you could probably pass on this piece and the helmet would look fine. but sometimes these pieces add more structure to how the whole helmet will contour together. it basically connects the bottom to the face of the helmet. Up to you in the end, since you are using foam, you can sometimes forgoe these edge pieces because the width of the foam is the exact size they want you to cut out.
Excellent, thank you :D

I'm totally new to this so just trusted the files :D I know another user on the forums has used the same ones from the same person.

Excellent, thank you
Like I said I've personally never used these files but if you know they work go for it. I would definitely do what he4thbar said. the only way to make those pieces fit right is by beveling both edges. Good luck with your build!

Yeah that's if you are using that edge piece, for my odst foam helmet rebuild I did put that piece in and it helped. however i made that helmet out of 6mm foam (I prefer 8mm or 10mm though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back