Starting Spartan Mk. V project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the site and was wondering if you could make one for someone that is 6'5" and 140lbs with toned build? Pretty much can you make one for me. I would but being in the Navy kinda leaves little room for free time. I would pay you well for it. But only after the project is finished. I would like to go to the next Comic Con with one. It would be of great appreciation. And it is finally good to see someone make Mark V armor for once. Trying to find a good Mark IV. :)

I am new to the site and was wondering if you could make one for someone that is 6'5" and 140lbs with toned build? Pretty much can you make one for me. I would but being in the Navy kinda leaves little room for free time. I would pay you well for it. But only after the project is finished. I would like to go to the next Comic Con with one. It would be of great appreciation. And it is finally good to see someone make Mark V armor for once. Trying to find a good Mark IV. :)

Yeah I know what ya mean about having the time to make these things. Being in the airline business keeps me away from home a lot so when I'm home during the week I do my things around the house then didicate my time to my suit til my friends and family are off of work. I pepped this thing back in may and I'm surprised at how far along my project is now.

I dunno about making a suit sized to you, but once this thing is done I MIGHT... again.. MIGHT try my hand at making molds and casts of it and make some copies for friends. I need to look at the sites policies on this like if I need MOZ and Rundown's permission to do that, but if I'm allowed to without being banned... ;)

Don't know what your dimensions are but I'm 5'11", 190lbs, athletic build, 42" chest and 34" waist

Dang dude ur suit is really omen together! I've had to put mine aside due to lack of funds an prying little hands ( my lil brother) trashed what I has peped cause he was made at me. So a total of like 24 hrs of straight pep work got killed :(. Can't wait to see u finish yours though it's gonna be great!!!

after you get it strapped up, i vote to elite this. it is by far the most accurate mark V build I've ever seen. you've put moz's old files to good use. i wish i would have told you this earlier, but I'm selling some of my old mark V parts. mainly the arms, but after seeing this I'd say you're better off with yours.

I will also vote this elite when finished. Way to go, you made the old Mk V look just as good as the Reach Mk V. :)

wow, you guys are too nice :D im still trying to find ways to add on to the basic model. Well I got home at about 7am this morning and been working at a snails pace. So far all I have done is put a clear coat on my pieces, and got my LED holders on my helmet
moz-screenshot.png
2010-08-31134421.jpg

Also, here was my idea for the back piece. I got my light strip in the mail last night and I just glued it on to the piece.
2010-08-31134317.jpg

Its not the best install job, but I thought it was a good idea that I haven't seen anybody else do, thought it would look cool in darker lit areas :) Anyways I'll keep updates coming today if I make any good progress.

Well I got the lights in. Just need to wire in a switch for them now instead of running right off the battery.
2010-08-31164545.jpg

Where do you guys mount your batteries?

usually batterys in helmets go on eaither side, or around the chin area if you have space...
BTW, so jelous.... i wish mine was turning out the good... :(

Dude i so vote for you to be put in the elite show case! ive decided to pick my project back up but i was wonderin if you could tell me how you scaled your armour? ive looked at some of the other scaling threads on the site and they are kind of confusing. I was just wondering if you could give me some pointers?

Got a little bit of a start this morning. Grabbed some of my black silicone and sealed the gap on my helmet and visor.
Masked
2010-09-01092559.jpg

Gooped
090110095539.jpg

Sealed
2010-09-01094111.jpg

@ Hotspur: What I did was looked at this picture for reference, http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...humb/5/59/MKV_PDOREF.jpg/600px-MKV_PDOREF.jpg
I used a mix of methods on the scaling tutorial thread. I printed and measured this picture to find my scale, looked at how the parts sat on master chief, measured how the piece would fit on me, and then multiplied that by my scale, and plugged that number in to pepakura for the height of the arm and leg pieces. For the chest I did that with the width of the piece. hope it helps (and makes sense :p )

@ CJ: yours looks fine! dont get down on yourself like that! Just gotta put some elbow grease in to it. btw since you got your pieces hardened you should strap it all on and see how it fits. That gave me some motivation to get my project done :)

I don't have much time to work today cause i have to leave early tonight. Might frost my plexiglass sheet and start cutting out light covers for my arm, leg, back and chest pieces. Possible update later :D

what is that silcon? like i mean where do you get it? and what is the goop stuff/what it do?

looks great!

you can get the silicone at lowes, home depot, wherever they sell caulk basically. I just used it to seal the gap between my helmet shell and my visor because it looked like crap. Didnt really serve a purpose, just made it look better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back