Starwars Ironman And More

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left some detail out of the model as it was fairly small and would be better added during the build. You're right about the ears and the three strips though. They should be there to keep it accurate.

Mine was also based off the screen helmets, maybe you have better reference material? Either that or a better eye. :)

I just finished making another pep model from spc its from clone wars this one actually came out just a tiny bit small and it was at 32cm in height but I may finish it anyway, I'll make a larger one later.
as soon as it gets warmer I have quite a few helmet to work on

86268c0a.jpg

37bda64d.jpg

4023d87b.jpg

sizes so far for my head which again with ears is 64cm around
clone helm EIII 32.5cm fits just a tiny bit to small after fiberglassing need to make a few cm bigger
clone commando at 32cm just a tiny bit to big
clone wars at 32cm and its kids size

I think they really messed up the clone helmet in the cartoons, it looks all weird. You should have done the normal one.

C 4468 said:
I think they really messed up the clone helmet in the cartoons, it looks all weird. You should have done the normal one.
I disagree - while we are accustomed to what we saw in AOTC, I think the new CW helmets are very aggressive looking and look better in some regards. How that translates in to real world... i dunno. This pep version of the CW helmet seems really odd looking. I'm just going off of memory, but it seems like the helmet is less sloped from back to front and more level. I know the toys aren't very accurate representations, but if you look at the 2 clone figures I think you'll see the overall differences.

Besides, I need a CW-like helmet for my CW Kenobi costume!
(I've seen the guys that did CW Kenobi with their clone armor and it just doesn't look quite right...)

EDIT to ADD - I think this pep helmet looks pretty good - just some constructive criticism based on how I think the helmet should look:
1. make the bottom lip/ridge thing more rounded, almost circular
2. make the nose come in a little, I think it sticks out a bit far
3. make the helmet more level across the bottom, not so angled up towards the back
4. the dome looks great, but I think it may be sitting a bit high.
5. the inset area that goes across the back, from "ear to ear" seems a bit too wide.

Again - your dome looks great and I know you've put a lot of work into it! I'm offering my comments not to be hateful or hurtful, but that I think with as much work as you have done, it would be a disservice to let you keep going with a 95% accurate helmet! Great work again, and as a Star Wars and Clone Wars fan, I have to commend you on your work!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
just a update working on some mando chest armor

68ad0772.jpg

and my friend brought over his jango and I was mixing it up

e2bc2dfd.jpg

Skupilkinson said:
Nice! You using Sintra??

Im using the trashcan method right now on the front but I might go with Sintra since I have a few sheets lying around and the back piece was easier to make with sintra

also here are some pics
working on sintra mando back
f2c135bb.jpg

pouches for belt
31e9b3bf.jpg

and belt
2338c946.jpg

596e832b.jpg

Nice job on these Timecon!

All your pep helmets looks so great, so clean!

On a side note, I read every comment of the thread and let me told you that Skip is working really hard for these models and his pep files worth every penny.

Oh and Timecon, I sent ya a PM :)

LastSpartan said:
Nice job on these Timecon!

All your pep helmets looks so great, so clean!

On a side note, I read every comment of the thread and let me told you that Skip is working really hard for these models and his pep files worth every penny.

Oh and Timecon, I sent ya a PM :)

thanks skip and last spartan replied to pm

made the cqb helm and torso will work on it later this summer as part of my quest to finish as many as I can also working on a custom mando used my halo part since its not finished just for fun

a9999ece.jpg

2ec8286e.jpg

aa615613.jpg

I'm trying to think of how i can connect spartan or master chief to mandalorian to form one word... but i just cant think of one that sounds good... Anyone got any ideas?
The mando is looking great! i did the paint scheme.

timecon said:
and my friend brought over his jango and I was mixing it up
e2bc2dfd.jpg

Good job hunting down Vader and his troops of Elites, Master Fett. :p P.S. I wonder what a Energy Sword and a lightsaber combined would look like? And 2nd, who agree with me that the Empire would have destroyed the Rebels if they had Spartans instead of stormtroopers?

Nice job buddy! That Beskar'gam is looking sweet! Especially after some weathering, you don't want to look like a Mando who's seen no action!! :)

Keep up the great work bro.

what kind of material did you use for the helmet just wondering because it doesn't look like paper look thicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back