Starwars Ironman And More

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are freaking incredible man!
Any helmet you touch probably turns to gold, right? XD
The pep looks near perfect, how long did it take to make the commando helmet?

RadioactiV777 said:
You are freaking incredible man!
Any helmet you touch probably turns to gold, right? XD
The pep looks near perfect, how long did it take to make the commando helmet?

Thanks, well it probably took me 10 to 15 hours total it was a hard one i think I spend every night for 4 days putting it together

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't have enough patience to do that.
And as for the Rogue Helmet, are you going to paint it the same color as your armor?

BenStreeper said:
or this one

[attachment=7411:Ironman_...o_Simple.JPG]
Unfolded, simplified, and ready to go
[attachment=7410:new_torso.zip]

Edit:

I have the entire armor, now in simplified file formats. You are welcome to them if you want them.

Hey Ben.
That's some badass stuff you got there.
I can't wait to see the rest of it.
Should I start on your Iron Man or Master Chief?
Hmm... that's a hard decision.

Thanks for the extra pics bro! ;) I knew there'd be a little issue with the dome, that thin strip that runs around it at the level where the ear pieces meet the dome??

I didn't fret too much about it though as my files are only meant to serve as the base to the helmet right? ;) Fibreglass and Bondo as you said can easily fix that wave. Great builds buddy!! Jobs very well done all round! :)

no
i only posted the pics to give a better likeness besides the crappy game files to check out.

they were hand sculpted by a friend of mine down the street.

just trying to give out good referance pics of another versionas i thought the face plate was a bit elongated.

"You got some files of that website? Why pay for pep files?"

ROTFLMAO!!!! Kids like you expect everything for free. ;) Why pay for them? Because they are good. :D I spend alot of time researching, gathering reference and then creating the files from scratch. I don't just take game data and unfold it then call it my work. ;) Alot of time goes into each one, I happen to think my time's worth something.

If you don't think it's worth anything then that's your opinion buddy. Good luck to you.

Hey, cool it people. Armor, not attitude, remember? This isn't about who has the most accurate armor or why buying Pep files rather than getting free versions is going to turn you into a saint and make your whites Persil bright.

It's about Timecon's armor project - so keep it that way and cut the whining about the files to somewhere more appropriate. As far as I care: I don't care. I don't care about the accuracy, or where the files came from, I only care about how Time's doing with his work.

SO. On that note: keep it topic-relevant.

This is some really good work, though. I'm extremely impressed that you'd have the patience to work with models this complex - I can't say much for the Star Wars lids, but the Rogue helm's had me screaming in rage and frustration. Kudos!

Skupilkinson said:
"You got some files of that website? Why pay for pep files?"

ROTFLMAO!!!! Kids like you expect everything for free. ;) Why pay for them? Because they are good. :D I spend alot of time researching, gathering reference and then creating the files from scratch. I don't just take game data and unfold it then call it my work. ;) Alot of time goes into each one, I happen to think my time's worth something.

If you don't think it's worth anything then that's your opinion buddy. Good luck to you.
sorry, but When you hardly have any money, and the only pep version of a armor costs money, I tend to get mad.

AI Blue Fox said:
sorry, but When you hardly have any money, and the only pep version of a armor costs money, I tend to get mad.
Well if you dont have any money, and the armor you want isnt free, you should either make some money or choose a different set of armor. Not get mad about it. He has a legitimate argument saying that the time he spends working on his models is worth more than nothing. If you made something that was extrordinarily nice or rare wouldnt you want something in return for it?

Hey guys!

I joined here a few months ago and have been snooping around for a while now watching all your amazing work. That said, i hate for this to be my first post here but i feel i have to warn you of someone. I dont mean to knock this thread off topic but when i saw this person posting recast helmet pics, i had to say something. Im talking about "Jax Archillies". I realize im a newb here and hes been here just a few months but as a prop builder, i feel its my duty to warn other prop makers of known recasters.

He has already been known to reacast a JM EPIII Clonetrooper helmet. It was brought up on the 501st legion boards and it was my understanding that he agreed to destroy the molds. Now today i see him posting pics of an RC helmet that he claims his "friend" sculpted and molded and its just not true. That helmet was made by Rob. Here is the link to his site. Click me! Rob contacted me through a friend and told me that his helmets were being recasted by a guy named Chad from the 501st. Chad is a member of the Dune Sea Garrison. Jax is also a member of the Dune Sea Garrison. Funny, isnt it? Here is the email that Rob sent me.........

This is the guy:

http://www.501stlegion.org/members/display...amp;costumeID=2

He claims that he did the sculpt, but I recognize my work, of course. There are only a couple very minor changes from my original helmet, which is different from the one I make now. I've attached some photos of my original helmet sculpt in gray, and one of his recasts.

He's been selling about two helmets on eBay every week for a few months. Some of his buyers left feedback on his eBay profile, which is an incomplete record of his sales. He told me he had been selling them to 501st members for a long time before starting on eBay. You can see from his feedback that he's been at it for a while now:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...P:feedback:2:us

Thanks for the help!

Rob
www.thewayofmyth.com

Now, im only doing this to warn other artists in this forum. I know what its like to put hard work into a prop just to have someone pour rubber over it and sell copies of the item as if it were their own. I am part of the ARMORER COALITION and although we know recasters will always be around, we will try and do everything we can to warn others about them. Take this post for what it is; a warning.

Again, sorry for taking this off topic.

BTW, Timecon, that is some amazing work. I love scratch building stuff but i dont think i have the patience for pep models. Kudos.

Awesome work timecon :D You really have a knack for, well, everything :)

And great models Skip, with the amount of requests you get you should be charging! Thanks for helping everyone out!

Skullcandy Girl said:
Awesome work timecon :D You really have a knack for, well, everything :)

And great models Skip, with the amount of requests you get you should be charging! Thanks for helping everyone out!

Thanks Skullcandy girl! always love your input

and skip I printed your new clone helmet and I'm working on it tonight I think i printed it to small if so I'll give to my little brother and try again also I'm putting together all the sizing that I will end up with on all your files so others will know what the approximate scaling is. and my head size from ear to ear for reference is 64 cm around my head (that includes my ears I know someone will say wow you have a huge head) I'll keep ya updated

Thanks Timecon. ;) I set the helmet to around 30cm if I remember right? The thing with this one is there are no real world replicas yet that I know off, also, as it's CG we have no measurements to go from. Your scale info will be really handy. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Great I hope, it looked good on the screen so I hope it comes across as well in the real world.

great job on the helmets buddy! I cant wait to see the finished product.

WARNING: Constructive Criticism!!!!

The Episode 3 Clonetrooper needs a little more work. Some areas that need improving are the Ear caps. There are supposed to be raised greeblie areas on the earcaps and the earcap has three rows that go down to meet the raised tube. then at that point it smooths out and meets the neck seal. also the face is a little too elongated. I can PM you pics of my episode 3 helmet that was based directly of off the CGI files from the moive. Just trying to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back