Starx - Mark 3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you plan to make the helmet front plate rise up and down?

ver strong earth magnets?

cus I was thiking of just doing the helmet for fun but i wouldnt know how to to make it go up and down

With hinges my friend. Just got back from wal-mart with my glue and paper. Here is whats on todays agenda. The main support that i will be placing everything on (my size) I have to work at three. So ill probably have to stop in the middle and continue when i get back. I should have pictures of it either tonight or tomorrow morning. I was planning on having the lower jaw open and close as well..Mainly by placing magnets as well with a free moving joint or sometihng. that way when its up it will stay in place, but when its down it wont be forced to come back up as well. In order to make my jaw move i will be using the mechanism you see below, but at the end of it will be a spring. That spring will be connected to the part of the jaw closest to it. So when the faceplate goes up, the spring relaxes and so does the jaw(it drops). When the faceplate is pushed back down, the spring tightens again and pulls the jaw into place. Hope that helps buddy

looking good so far Stark but yeah I'd question my sanity too, yet I can't help but envy that type of insanity. Its gonna be epic, good luck man!

The main torso support along with the shoulder supports. This should help keep things lined up for me. Tomorrow i continue..4 in the morning where im at..sleep.

Pure Madness out here,

if this is ready u should go to some hollywood fx studio and ask for a job!!!:)

i wish u all the best bro, can`t wait to see the finished suit.

Ps: Alter ich bin schwer beeindruckt!!

Psy

Okay. So i didn't go straight to bed. I tried on my old build for inspirational purposes. The old costume of mine is from ben streepers files. Genius pieces of art if you ask me. I can only hope my build will come out just as good as his pieces. What do you guys think?

Psycurve - Danke!!

Update. Okay. SOOO, i just got bac from my parents house yet again and immediately set on working on the helmet. Its printing out as i am writing to you guys and should be done hopefully by wednesday morning or afternoon. I will have pictures up when its done.

Haha..true. Everyone, excuse the quick thread pause, i would like everyone to meet my little brother michael. Although he is six foot four something...he is working on a master chief costume.

Update - the helmet is half cut out now. Almost there.

Good to see you here!! Cant wait to see your progress on your halo suit Lockdown013.

so you wont give anybody the files but you would give them to your bro right, na i kid but more on the question are we still splitting the cost for the bondo and fiber glass?

Starx said:
Progress of the under suit pictures. Also a picture of how it fits inside the armor. Enjoy

dear lord, with this many ref pics i woulnd be surprised if you COULD fly with that thing..and beat up teh terrorists ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This, sir, is a thing of beauty! This topic is watched, and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

Excellent work!

starx do you have any more reference pics for the dtail work on the outside of the suit. if you do can you please email them to me I am now in the smoothing stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back