Stopuweboll.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani Girl

Jr Member
Need 1 million signatures by May 14th!!!

Stride Gum has now put their backing behind this online petition:

http://kotaku.com/388018/uwe-boll-vs-stride-gum

The Makers of Stride, The Ridiculously Long Lasting Gum®, Offer A Total of One Million Packs of Gum to Signers of the Anti-Uwe Boll Petition*

PARSIPPANY, N.J., May 7 /PRNewswire/ — In an effort to protect the childhood dreams of millions of video gamers everywhere, the makers of Stride gum announced today that they are launching a special campaign supporting the efforts of StopUweBoll.org in their attempt to convince famed film director Uwe Boll to stop making video game-based films.

For years, Boll has piqued the ire of the gaming community by adapting many of their favorite games into universally panned films (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celebrity/uwe_boll/). On April 4, 2008, Boll remarked to legendary horror site FearNet that he'd consider acquiescing to his critics and abandoning making films in this genre if an online petition reached one million signatures. As of press time, the petition is just about 234,000 names, which is why Stride has decided to jump in.

"Since gamers are one of our most supportive groups, we have been looking for ways to return the favor," said Gary Osifchin, Stride North American Marketing Director. "And what better way is there to get gamers' backs than by helping them rescue their cherished videogames from the clutches of Uwe Boll?"

In an effort to help boost signings, the makers of Stride have put out a special bounty. If the petition reaches the required 1 million signatures by May 14 at 5pm EDT, each signer will receive a digital coupon* for a pack of gum, downloadable on May 23, 2008, a day that could really use some long-lasting refreshment, particularly as it will see the debut of his latest videogame-based film.

"Look, it's nothing personal against the guy. Maybe his non videogame-based films are unbelievable! But we have seen such intense passion for this cause that we couldn't help but get involved," said Osifchin. "Let the signing continue."

* Stride will provide a downloadable coupon (good for one pack of gum) to each petition signer that will be downloadable on May 23, 2008, if the target of one million signatures is reached between May 7 and 14, 2008. Additional details will be forthcoming.

Sign the petition!
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?RRH53888

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy has serious problems...

Wikipedia on "Postal" said:
Terrorists are about to fly a plane into The World Trade Center when they realize that there can't possibly be enough virgins left in the afterlife, given the recent rash of suicide bombings. After a quick phone call to their leader confirms that they may only get twenty, they decide to call off the attack and fly to The Bahamas. Just then, the cockpit door is kicked open and the passengers struggle to take control of the plane. Veering out of control, it smashes into the Twin Towers - the fiery explosion revealing the film's title card.

I definitely signed...

spread to other forums you visit (do a search there first to make sure that it hasn't been posted before). we only have 1 week left!

yes, he must be stopped!

Ok what you should have mentioned was that he's the guy that made the "House of the Dead" movie. That would have been enough for me.

On the other hand, if this guy really thought people wanted to see movies about obscure games like "House of the Dead", "Alone in the Dark", "Bloodrayne", "Bloodrayne 2", he is really stupid to begin with and his movies flopping should be enough to point out that he makes crappy movies and should stop.

Obviously this guy has a lot of money(or idiot producers backing him) and a lot of time on his hands. I say let him make the stupid obscure video game movies no one cares about. I mean look at his future projects: "Bloodrayne 3", "Far Cry", "Alone in the Dark 2".

When he decides to take on some big name video game, then I'll worry about him. Until, then this guy is harmless.

IMDB is your friend. Uwe Boll. (Click)

This is a stupid ad campaign someone at Stride thought up to take advantage of a sure situation. That's pathetic in my book. Smart, but pathetic.

Not signing, plus I'd actually like to see "In the Name of the King". Jason Statham is an excellent action actor.

23Magnum said:
plus I'd actually like to see "In the Name of the King". Jason Statham is an excellent action actor.

'Gouge evil out of it's shell"? ;) Statham's good, but that can't help Boll's writing.

I don't know how Uwe keeps making movies. He's losing millions of dollars with each film. He's challenged Michael Bay to a boxing match (no, really, he did), and he's begun attacking Stephen Spielberg because Indiana Jones is opening the same week that his upcoming 'Postal' movie opens.

I did see the trailer for Postal though, and I thought it looked better than anything else Boll has done. Perhaps he'd be better at doing comedies than the videogame adaptations he's been getting all his funding for.

Anyhow, I've already signed the petitions.. the guy's got to be removed from the directors chair. God, did any of you even see Bloodrayne? Never has a single movie elicited more cringes from me, and I've seen 'Faces of Death' .. :oops:

According to IMDB, Boll didn't write for 'King', but directing/producing has a pull over the script sometimes. So he could of had his hand in that script.

Yes, I think he would be good at comedies too, because I laughed the entire time through "House of the Dead". OMG the spinning camera, haha! Bloodrayne was just cheesy. Alone in the Dark was one of the better as far as production value. You could see that just by watching it, but the acting and script were really poor. Either way, Bloodrayne and Alone don't deserve to be made into sequels.

I still say let him waste his money. He may even inspire a whole generation of new film makers to create better(HAHA!) versions of these movies.

Ooo oo oo, I thought of a movie that would be perfect for him to make into a movie. Dragons Lair, haha!
2007_4_7_dragonslair_cover.jpg

Anyway, I guess it's for a good cause for all fellow gamers so I guess I'll sign, but I don't think it'll reach its mark in time.
I'll post something on another site I know of where people will probably sign.

Nearly all of Uwe Boll's movie's have garnered a lower than 15% tomato reading on Rottentomatoes.com - In the Name of the King garnered a 5% tomato ranking - being the LOWEST scored movie, so far in 2008. He has to be stopped. He was nearly conned into making a Metal Gear Solid movie.

Dani-Girl said:
He was nearly conned into making a Metal Gear Solid movie.
I didn't think one would need to be 'conned' into making a MGS movie. That movie would probably write itself from the games. I mean aren't the MGS games basically an interactive movie anyway?

Either way I'm glad I signed it in that case, but I could really careless what rotten tomato or whatever it's called says. My friend Adam is one of the best movie critics I know. Though he's not actually employed as one, I trust his opinion better than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back