STORMTROOPERZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

AoBfrost

IMG_1395.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

It finally came in the mail on Friday and I have been building it, so far nearly done, just need tp trim and strap the pieces, helmet is 70% done.

Pics with suit on to come soon.

LMK if you have any questions on how to strap it!!!! Let me suggest a snap and strap system. I have pics if you need them. I DO NOT suggest velcro!!!!! That stuff will just fall off as you walk and you will be leaving pieces of your armor everywhere.

Velcro seems to be working in large amounts, I do have actual straps, the velcro is just for the legs and arms and belt and such, those need velcro.

I bought my armor from a woman who mass makes FX kits, the total cost was 470 for the armor, straps, pauldron, blaster, and holster, people in the 501st sometime use her kits, so they say it's high quality, thats why I bought one, not to join the 501st, but to have a good suit of armor.

The lense on the helmet though I screwed up, accidentally got ABS cement on it and it just made the surface of the left lense inside blury, I can still see, but only the right eye see's clear.

By the way, this kit I bought is BIG.

It says it fits a person 5'6'' yet without trimming, it will only feet a person 6-7 feet tall.

If your 13 years old, I doubt you can have the money, or fit it, me being 5'8'' I cant fit into the suit, it's too big for me, so I will have to trim everything down, alot of people do it just because the suit isnt made for their size.

Hey nice work Frost, are you going to join your local garrison? DOnt worry too much about the glue on your helmet lense, I have a feeling you'll be replacing the whole helmet soon enough

Edit
I bought one, not to join the 501st
\must read topics fully before posting :)
enjoy your armour

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be like danny choo, just show up at big events in armor, like when a game system comes out, people go to camp outside the stores, show up and talk to people, go to the mall in it, Do a bit of everything in it.

Heres my finished helmet now
IMG_1397.jpg

The paintjob on the teeth area went wrong, the painters tape to cover the entire area came off in one area and the paint leaked down, it took me hours to clean it off to make it look good and perfect. I will be adding bug screen mesh behind the teeth, seems everyone does it on theirs to help with ventilation, also, I think I might find some cheap flat green lenses like they used in the movie, otherwise, I will be looking for cheap GIANT sunglasses at the goodwill, they sell brand new sunglasses for like 5 dollars, different sizes, anything big and fits in a stormtrooper helmet will work.

I'm slightly worried about the size of the helmet, I think it may be too big, but without all my armor on, I cant tell if it looks right or not. the chest and lower abs are fine, but the chest overlaps the first layer of black buttons on the ab area, other than that, it almost fits perfect.

AoBfrost said:
...I'm slightly worried about the size of the helmet, I think it may be too big...

It will, I'm 5'11" and my old FX bucket looked awful on me... way too big, some of the larger troops can pull it off but even then I still think it looks odd. If you're not happy with it when you're done I'd suggest you throw it up on eBay and see if you can get enough money for a better sized one... I was going to do that with mine but I've never got around to finishing it :unsure:

and I totally agree with Dark One about the velcro, if you're wearing it for any extended period of time the stuff that comes with the kit is rubbish. If you're only planning on doing short troops, maybe an hour or less (not the 9+ hours I normally do :p), you should be fine as long as you take care of it :)

Stood for 15 minutes right now in my armor, nothing came lose except the knee cap piece, it keeps wanting to bend off, the velcro keeps it bent in, but it's natrual shape takes over, I might add more velcro than it says, it said 3 one inch pieces, I might just cover it all in velcro.

The velcro I was given was INDUSTRIAL strength. I was given 14 feet of hook and loop.

So far, this helmet doesnt look to bad over all when the entire suit is on, I tested, all I need now i straps for the lower arm pieces, wear my undersuit next time, and some gloves.

IMG_1402.jpg

yea, I need to wear something to cover the neck, I dont want to pay 25 dollars + shipping on ebay for a neckseal.

Edit: Hmmm noticed my shoulder pieces came off in the photo, I need to use better velcro on those then...(ran out of the supplied velcro, used my own standard strength)

Still need to trim those thighs somehow.....

No, I'm in the height range of a real stormtrooper, it's just the person who made this kit, was TOO TALL. I'm thinking the person was 6'5'' to 7' tall, that means I look tiny in the suit, tommorow i'll start trimming and then I will be able to freely move and look better.

Atleast I know now the helmet looks ok, not too big.

i wasnt saying anything about height man, you dont really fill the suit out. unless the undersuit helps with that.

An undersuit will help some, other than that, on the arms, I need to trim them to be thinner, I can move my arms, but I dont like stuff hanging on me, especially when they are too big.

AoBfrost said:
Stood for 15 minutes right now in my armor, nothing came lose except the knee cap piece, it keeps wanting to bend off, the velcro keeps it bent in...

Still need to trim those thighs somehow.....
You ever thought of adding a couple of rivets to the knee cap?? I know I did and it seems to hold just fine!! As for the thighs...I had to trim the top of the thighs to fit me, I actually used a Xacto knife and just bent and snapped the part off!

Also, I know you were saying you were reading about Danny Choo, but have you thought about using "Snaps"?

I am only 5'4 and got my FX kit to fit me...but I gots a RT Mod helmet since the FX helmet is like to big on me. I think I might get the ANH helmet later! Other than that, looking great!

AoBfrost said:
yea, I need to wear something to cover the neck, I dont want to pay 25 dollars + shipping on ebay for a neckseal.

You could always sew one up for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back