Strenthening Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan M07

does any one know any strenthening methods other than fiberglass and resin. ive seen aobfrosts hot hot glue method that sounds very promising but if there is any more ways i would like to find out

You can also use wood glue (the white one). It will take several layers and patience to have a good result. It's simplier but it will never be as strong as fiberglass + resin.

As pooper mentioned smoothcasting pepakura is a viable option... Archille wrote a whole step by step tutorial with lots of pictures over at the 405th Source: http://405th.com/?p=574

No one thinks of us.. *sadface*

Cheers,

Kensai

All the tutorials they have are for Helmets. They need to get one up for body parts. I'd do it but I just finished plasticing my body pieces I needed to.

i add a small amount of putty on the inside of my pieces after i fiberglass and it gives the pieces some extra strength and durability.

hey unbadass i read your forum and your gorila glue method sounds really good. i just have one question, where can you buy it?

You should be able to get it at any kind of hardware store for sure. I'm not sure for other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back