Suggestion - a way to sort threads by material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kissker

What I mean here is we have a ton of different threads of WIP on a ton of different things with a ton of different materials.

Sure standard is Pep + 110lb cardstock but then we have cardboard versions, foam versions, metal versions, and so on and so forth.

It would be nice to have a easy way of sorting these for personal reasons/needs

Say you wanted to learn how to do cardboard armor for a prop real quick, search doesn't really show up things that are "cardboard only" so finding a quick WIP or tut on how to do this with incredible results is a little rougher then it should be.

Or maybe you found vacu-formed plastic versions and wanted to see the history of the item(s) in question, how did they start? What materials did they use? What process?

We'd also need to have 'multiple' materials, say cardboard and foam together, etc.

Just an Idea - maybe it's not so much needed as I feel, but lately I have been having a hard time finding objects made via materials used, lots of clutter popping up in the search bar.

Just for instance, I use the search for "Foam Armor" and
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29935-Noble-Spartan-build?highlight=Foam+Armor Pops up as the first thing... can't exactly find out why - since the armor is not made of foam.. at all. Thread replies must include the words "foam" or "armor" alone - causing this.

Using Advanced Search (which is not something new members usually do - which is who mostly I had in mind for these tuts/finding what they seek) using the same "Foam Armor" brings up the thread:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29102-A-few-foam-ideas?highlight=Foam+Armor
first, which is much more useful and relevant to the search in question.

Just trying to help get the clutter down, I mean we have a TON of information on here, even though some of it is 'corrupted' from the transfer, it's still there to read (and decipher in some cases lol) it would be a shame to wipe the data (aka... delete a ton of threads all together) so just making it a bit easier to find what people search for is a better idea, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back